Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2385877

Subject: "OKS: Bron/Paleo/Primal-ish Week 5: How's it Going?" Previous topic | Next topic
earthseed
Member since Feb 26th 2004
26989 posts
Mon Nov-03-14 02:31 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"OKS: Bron/Paleo/Primal-ish Week 5: How's it Going?"

i feel like it's just me doing this now, lol. i hope that folks are just super busy and have fell off from posting under the dates. i haven't checked the spreadsheet to see if numbers are moving or not.

yall know the drill though...

The fully updated spreadsheet is here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmVdJl1txezNdEtVVDVjUTVfSVZNaEo1VGFsZ3pCd3c&usp=drive_web#gid=42

Everyone who signed up where I asked has their own tab. Its mostly alphabetical so just scroll over to find your name. Please make sure you are on your OWN SHEET so you don't screw up anybody else's data.

I'm leaving everyone's tab open for now. I think that will provide accountability. At the same time I know some people want to be private, if you do, make a copy of your page - put private notes on your own copy and public notes on this doc.

If you need good examples of entering data. Look at the 5 examples I have posted. These were taken from a challenge my gym ran a few years ago (including my own). You can see the details people put in - and the level of honesty. Its basically like a little journal. Some people even made a weight column, other people made a body measurements column.

Look, some of you have signed up for 30-45 days its a long time. I expect some cheat days and some fall offs for most people. Don't take it too hard on yourself, but also don't just let it become the norm. This is a marathon - nice and steady.

If you're out with your friends and want a beer one weekend. Do it, but just limit it. If your parents come to town and want to eat a pancake one weekend, do it. JUST MAKE SURE YOU LOG IT accurately. But remember the more strict, the better the results.

This is primarily an eating challenge so eating right is how you can get the most points. At the same time Paleo/Primal are more of a lifestyle than a diet so I included other ways to earn bonus points for yourself.
The scoring system is below (its pasted on the bottom of everyones individual tab also):

Meal Log Points:
3 points - 100% Ate great all day! no grains, dairy, or refined sugars (Primal may allow some dairy).
2 points - 95% Ate one “bad” item but didn’t derail. (a slice of toast with breakfast, a lollypop snack, or cheese on you bunless burger at lunch)
1 point - Mostly Paleo. Ate one bad meal but jumped right back on track for the next one. (had fries with the burger plus a beer or coke, or a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast).
0 points - Bad day. Off the wagon. Will get back on tomorrow.

Bonus Points:
1 point - Workout (did some type of workout)
1 point - 8+ hrs of sleep in a night
1 point - Intermittent Fast 8+ Hours

Enter everything for today including sleep. So the sleep is for what happens tonight and not last night. This confused people in my gym challenge. At the same time I try to update notes through the day so I dont have a lot to catch up on. Once you forget to log a few days it becomes a chore.

Enjoy and feel free to ask questions and use this post as a support group.
I will make a tab for every day of this week so you can add your thoughts and notes and get some dialogue.

now go runtelldat, ho.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

OKS: Bron/Paleo/Primal-ish Week 5: How's it Going? [View all] , earthseed, Mon Nov-03-14 02:31 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Monday 11.3.14
Nov 03rd 2014
excellent eating day...
Nov 03rd 2014
      From some of your posts
Nov 03rd 2014
           they're both easy, but being prepared is my downfall with IF at times.
Nov 03rd 2014
                RE: they're both easy, but being prepared is my downfall with IF at time...
Nov 03rd 2014
Tuesday 11.4.14
Nov 03rd 2014
cruising through the day. water will get me to the finish line of 1pm
Nov 04th 2014
      I've had this thought like a 1000 times since i started paleo
Nov 04th 2014
           lol, basically!!
Nov 04th 2014
Wednesday 11.5.14
Nov 03rd 2014
Birthday today...might as well put in a "0" for meal....
Nov 05th 2014
yep, i had two bad days - my Birthday and a wedding
Nov 05th 2014
happy birthday, my fellow scorpion! mine is next saturday, so i feel you...
Nov 05th 2014
i'm hungry! cheated and had pizza, but that's it. should have at least
Nov 05th 2014
Thursday 11.6.14
Nov 03rd 2014
doing good today. got into work late so just now enjoying coffee
Nov 06th 2014
30 days, I'm done
Nov 07th 2014
      sweet! glad to hear it went well. I'm pushing till next thursday - right
Nov 07th 2014
           I really struggled with my travel for work
Nov 07th 2014
Friday 11.7.14
Nov 03rd 2014
heading into the last week of this paleo thing and i know now that i can...
Nov 07th 2014
Saturday 11.8.14
Nov 03rd 2014
Sunday 11.9.14
Nov 03rd 2014
Talk about what supplements yall are using here...
Nov 05th 2014
RE: Talk about what supplements yall are using here...
Nov 05th 2014
forgot about the fish oil. all i'm taking is a multi-vitamin and calcium...
Nov 05th 2014

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2385877 Previous topic | Next topic