Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2325023

Subject: "Grantland Oral History of Kings/Lakers (LINK)" Previous topic | Next topic
rjc27
Charter member
14602 posts
Thu May-08-14 10:28 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Grantland Oral History of Kings/Lakers (LINK)"

Was gonna swipe but way too long...

http://grantland.com/features/2002-western-conference-oral-history-los-angeles-lakers-sacramento-kings/

This deserves it's own post... what an epic series that was and this captures it pretty damn perfect... I wanted the Kings to take out the Lakers so bad that game 7 loss was devastating, I can't imagine Kings faithful will ever get over it...

Like how the Kings players all accept the fact that,whatever happened with Horry and the Ref's, ultimately, they blew it in game 7

The part where the guy tells Horry that his shot cost him a new roof and Horry's reply was "I don't care" was great

lastly, C.Webb man, 1 of my fave players ever, but why can't he talk about this shit, two of the most fascinating sports stories of our lifetimes were this series and the fab 5, speak up cwebb!!!

@rob_starrk

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Grantland Oral History of Kings/Lakers (LINK) [View all] , rjc27, Thu May-08-14 10:28 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Doug was allowed to speak without Jackie piping in?
May 08th 2014
I was actually most surprised by his comments...
May 08th 2014
People about to get mad all over again. I love it.
May 08th 2014
That series took years off my life.
May 08th 2014
Vlade be helping
May 08th 2014
The craziest series and best game 7 I've ever been a part of
May 08th 2014
long as hell but worth the read, a lot of truths spoken about things...
May 08th 2014

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2325023 Previous topic | Next topic