Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2322493

Subject: "Broncos fans, please get your boy! (Julius Thomas)" Previous topic | Next topic
PROMO
Charter member
30953 posts
Fri May-02-14 10:53 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Broncos fans, please get your boy! (Julius Thomas)"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000345801/article/julius-thomas-seahawks-didnt-beat-us-we-did

With Denver's Super Bowl thumping in the rearview mirror, Broncos tight end Julius Thomas has grown weary of the endless accolades directed at the defense of the Seattle Seahawks.

"I think a lot of talk has been made about how physical a defense is, and I know that can have an effect on the offense," Thomas said Wednesday, per Mike Klis of The Denver Post. "But I don't think that their defense is so much more physical than some defenses we've played."

Said Thomas: "I think more so (the loss was about) was what we didn't do, the things we left out there -- than them being physical."

Seattle's 43-8 coasting was flooded with hammer-dropping hits and smothering press coverage that left Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning searching for answers. Similar to what we saw the Colts do in a midseason win over Denver, the Seahawks more than just out-schemed the Broncos -- they manhandled them.

After Denver's offensive line put on a dominant showing over the Patriots in the AFC title game, the same group was outplayed and shoved around by a Seattle front that wanted this game more.

Thomas sees it differently -- that's fair -- but what millions watched that day was no myth. The Seahawks dropped a megaton bomb on John Fox and friends, and the Broncos are still sorting through the wreckage.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Broncos fans, please get your boy! (Julius Thomas) [View all] , PROMO, Fri May-02-14 10:53 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
I mean it ain't like he did anything especially wrong in that game
May 02nd 2014
Nah. You got owned. Shut up and own it nm.
May 02nd 2014

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2322493 Previous topic | Next topic