Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2293428

Subject: "Ravens fans, how long until we hate Kubiak too?" Previous topic | Next topic
Overqualified
Member since May 03rd 2006
4543 posts
Tue Jan-28-14 08:25 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Ravens fans, how long until we hate Kubiak too?"

Gary Kubiak hired as Ravens Offensive Coordinator. Former Texans OC Rick Dennison will be Flacco's QB coach.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Gary-Kubiak-Hired-As-Ravens-Offensive-Coordinator/5dec4b9b-ce2f-496c-b6f9-40552bb9c561

I was sequestered at work most of yesterday, so this move was kind of surprising when I got the news. Last I heard Sunday night, Kyle Shanahan and Jim Hostler were the front runners, but I admire Harbs,Wiz, and Crime Boss' throwing a curve ball and pretty much overhauling the offensive coaching staff to fix this thing after an 8-8 season, which is comparatively bad for us.

My only issue is that the offensive troubles that have plagued this franchise are pretty much the result of being fairly defensive oriented in philosophy in the wake of the Lewis/Reed/SB XXV era. Also, consistently drafting low and Oz's draft philosophy as well as "right player, right price" when it comes to FA's has kind of hamstrung our offense historically. I don't think in the history of this franchise, we've ever had an OC the fan base was content with - going all the way back to Neuheisel in the Marchibroda years. People scream on the OC, and with good reason, but for the most part - the pieces haven't been there.

I'm intrigued to see what Kubiak brings, and hope he can stay healthy. But hoping that with Joe's contract and the hiring of Kubiak and co., pieces are put in place at skill positions to complement.

Streets won't let me chill.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Ravens fans, how long until we hate Kubiak too? [View all] , Overqualified, Tue Jan-28-14 08:25 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
The most important hire of the Harbs era
Jan 28th 2014
Yeah, Harbs is a loyal dude. Especially to Philly alums.
Jan 28th 2014
Kubiak is a good coach. yall will like him
Jan 28th 2014
RE: Kubiak is a good coach. yall will like him
Jan 28th 2014
RE: Kubiak is a good coach. yall will like him
Jan 28th 2014
Harbaugh has an ego just like his little brother, that's why Quan and Ed...
Jan 28th 2014
      Jacoby comes up a lot on the chopping block next to Sizz and Ngata
Jan 28th 2014
           RE: Jacoby comes up a lot on the chopping block next to Sizz and Ngata
Jan 28th 2014
i think schaub hurt kubiak
Jan 28th 2014
RE: i think schaub hurt kubiak
Jan 28th 2014
      Ray Rice is younger than Adrian Peterson
Jan 28th 2014
           RE: Ray Rice is younger than Adrian Peterson
Feb 03rd 2014
He won't win you a Superbowl, BUT
Jan 28th 2014
pretty much n/m
Jan 28th 2014
Doesn't Kubiak have 3 rings as a coordinator?
Jan 28th 2014
Crime boss and wiz are excellent nick names, well played sir!
Jan 28th 2014

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2293428 Previous topic | Next topic