Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2229674

Subject: "Mayweather v. Canelo | Game of Throne --- Prediction thread" Previous topic | Next topic
Vex_id
Charter member
65616 posts
Fri Sep-13-13 08:14 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Mayweather v. Canelo | Game of Throne --- Prediction thread"

Let's get the predictions on file.

Admittedly, I was leaning towards Canelo at first,
but after watching All Access ep. 4 I'm just not convinced
he's psychologically ready to play chess w/ the mastermind.
That said, I still think it's Floyd's toughest assignment
to date.

My feature story:

http://www.boxing.com/mayweather_vs._canelo_game_of_throne.html

by: David Matthew

“The One” is an ambitious title to describe anything, let alone a boxing match. However, amidst the usual puffery that accompanies boxing promotion in the fight game, in this instance such a lofty fight-tag is befitting. Floyd Mayweather (44-0, 26 KOs) vs. Saul “Canelo” Alvarez (42-0-1, 30 KOs) is a once in a decade type of fight, if not a once in a generation type of fight. It has a legitimate chance to break the all-time PPV buy record from 2007 when Oscar De La Hoya was outpointed by Mayweather in a relatively tepid mega-fight. Unlike that bout, Mayweather vs. Canelo may produce more than just staggering revenue. It very well may produce mesmerizing pugilism; forever discussed in future annals of boxing lore.

Legacy

Some might characterize my enthusiasm for this fight as quixotic, but I see the makings of an epic that stirs up golden era nostalgia for even the staunchest boxing purist. At the start of the calendar year, I regarded this matchup as the biggest fight in boxing that could be made, pleading for it to be made, and here’s why: Legacy is on the line in a very dynamic way. At the present time, there is no greater challenge for either man, and there likely never will be after this. This is particularly true for Mayweather—who is still hungry enough to accentuate his already legendary career—that he’s decided to fight the most dangerous opponent available to him. For Canelo, he could fight another 20 years and still not face anyone near the quality of Mayweather.

Whoever is victorious in this fight has undisputed claim to boxing’s throne. If Canelo wins, it breaks the longstanding reign of Floyd Mayweather’s near two-decade conquest. In doing so, he will do what other legendary Hall-of-Famers like De La Hoya, Cotto, Mosley, Corrales, Hatton, and Marquez couldn’t do, instantly distancing himself from his elder peer-group, setting up a career quickly on the highway to being discussed within the all-time great pantheon. If Mayweather wins, he not only would retain his unblemished record, but would have done so by defeating boxing’s brightest prodigy; a fighter bigger, stronger and 13 years younger than him. It would be the ultimate culmination, a cornerstone piece to an already glittery career, and Floyd would likely ride out his multi-fight deal with Showtime/CBS having already fought the most difficult fighter in his periphery. This is not simply a prizefight. Mayweather-Canelo is high-stake pugilism, of which the outcome will echo throughout the halls of boxing legend for decades to come.

The symmetry between the combatants in this crossroads fight for the ages is fascinating. Canelo, which means “cinnamon,” was a nickname given to Alvarez because of his red hair and the freckles that clad his strikingly pale skin—an anomalous look for a champion hailing from the brawling streets of Guadalajara. That said, it is not simply his anomalous look that separates him from the crowd. Nothing about his already jam-packed life/career resembles normalcy. He has lived a warrior’s lifestyle, and was thrown into the fires to fend for himself at a very early age. He has been a professional for eight years now, having turned pro at 15. He had a daughter at 16. Not your typical 23-year-old. Canelo is wise beyond his years, an old soul possessing a seasoned fighter’s instinct, a fully matured physicality, and a prodigious ring-IQ—way ahead of his time. Having already fought 43 times, young Canelo is en route to a throwback-like boxing dossier, reminiscent of a time when fighters typically fought 60-70 times over the course of a career. While his physical gifts are evident—great speed, power, and sturdiness—it is his blooming technique, defensive instincts, patience, adept-command of combination-punching, and an ever-increasing ability to think and act like a much older fighter that now positions him as a legitimate threat to Mayweather’s throne.

Conversely, at 36, Floyd Mayweather has retained his youthful abilities to complement his gigantic boxing intellect, uncharacteristically unscathed for a champion of his accomplishment and experience. Looking virtually brand new as he entered the ring a few months ago prior to his exquisite boxing clinic of Robert Guerrero, Floyd is arguably better right now than he’s ever been, and his will to fight seems stronger than ever. When he fights Canelo on September 14th, it will be the shortest layoff he’s had in nearly 10 years, silencing critics who said that there was “no way” he would fight this soon and keep on track with his ambitiously scheduled multi-fight deal. What he may have slightly lost in foot-speed, he has gained in upper-body strength. He may not be quite as quick as he was when he was blinding opponents in his early 20s, but his timing couldn’t be sharper as he now counters with telepathic precision. His reflexes show hardly signal any deterioration, product of the fact that he’s absorbed minimal damage, courtesy of the most elusive defense in the game. He continues to be the most accurate puncher in the history of CompuBox calculations, best exemplified by the fact that he landed an astounding 60% of his power punches in his last fight against Guerrero. His career has been timed out brilliantly, his ability to maintain his conditioning and elitism has been uncanny, displaying evolutionary boxing longevity at the highest level of the sport that has not simply surpassed—but in effect lapped—all of his peers. Mayweather is already an all-time great—not just in this era, but in any era.

Despite the obvious age difference, these fighters do share some interesting commonalities. They are both undefeated and have basically fought the same amount of times: Canelo having fought 43 bouts to Floyd’s 44. Alike Floyd, Canelo comes from a boxing family. Also like Floyd, Canelo is the youngest and most prestigious pugilist not just of his family, but of his entire country. Interestingly, both men share a similar KO percentage, with Canelo slightly edging Floyd in the power department with 30 KOs in 43 bouts, to Floyd’s 26 KOs in 44 bouts. While much is made of Canelo’s power, Floyd’s is often under-regarded, particularly as he’s demonstrated a more committed power game in his 30s.

“In the ring, I don’t even respect myself.”—Canelo in a recent Showtime interview when asked if he respected his opponents

“Boxing is an art. I don’t have to be the strongest; I don’t have to be the fastest: I don’t have to have the best footwork; I got the best mind. It’s chess. I know how to win.”—Floyd Mayweather (All Access: Mayweather-Canelo, Episode 2)

Size – 152-pound Catchweight

Some fighters are physical giants. They seek to break opponents down with a methodology of sheer brute force, out-willing their opponent with strength, power, and physicality. Marvin Hagler salivated until he could pin his opponent against the ropes, and then rain down heavy fire with the confidence and work he put into his physical strength. Tyson’s unprecedented ascent in boxing’s power division generated from his high-performance engine of raw strength, punching power, and core torsion. Other fighters are mental giants, investing heavily in an ability to outthink, out-move, and tactically dismantle an opponent with technique. Enter Floyd Mayweather, the sport’s most prolific mentalist. When being asked to comment on Shane Mosley’s impressive physique prior to their 2010 bout, Floyd shrugged and slyly reminded the interviewer: “this ain’t a weightlifting contest.” Indeed, it isn’t—particularly against a sweet scientist like Mayweather—where all the power in the world will leave you punching at air if it is not matched with a developed technique. Sluggers largely relying on physical strength—like Mosley, Baldomir, Hatton, and Ortiz—found that out the hard way.

Much has been made about size in this fight. Indeed, Canelo is on the fast-track to being a full-blown middleweight, while Floyd is a textbook welterweight, but not a smallish one. Floyd is filled out at 150 pounds, where he remains constant with little to no fluctuation between fights. Canelo is bigger, will likely come into the ring with a significant weight advantage, is a tad longer, and likely has notable advantages in the power department. Of course, he isn’t the only fighter to enjoy these advantages over Floyd. Oscar was bigger, but was moving in slow-motion compared to the younger Mayweather who was able to slip most of Oscar’s work, while pinpointing accurate shots of his own. Cotto was also the bigger man, but his size was exaggerated, as he really is a blow- up welterweight, and was only marginally bigger than Mayweather on fight night. Canelo, on the other hand, has the combination of size and youth on his side. He also is surprisingly fast when reeling off five-, six-, or even seven-punch combinations from all angles. He fights in spirited bursts, and he fights strategically, with controlled fury. He is economical with his punches, and doesn’t waste energy, ensuring he is always fresh for a 12-round contest, which he’ll likely have to be against Floyd.

Unlike Oscar, who was relatively trigger-shy and unable to get off with a steady jab throughout the fight, Canelo marches into the MGM Grand with no such war-torn ring rust. Whereas the older Oscar’s punches were easily evaded by the 30-year-old Mayweather, the 36-year-old Floyd may have a more difficult time evading young Canelo’s rapid-fire shots with his patented “Neo-in-the-Matrix” type defense. A couple of them might get through, particularly to the body with the left-hook, which is sometimes vulnerable for an orthodox fighter employing the Philly-shell, shoulder-roll defense.

Unlike Cotto, Canelo is a more natural 150+ pound fighter, and has real power at the weight-class. Cotto is far from a light puncher, but his devastating knockout power at welterweight did not translate north of 150 pounds. Further, whereas one couldn’t help but feel that Cotto isn’t the same devastating puncher that he once was prior to nightmares of plaster of Paris (Margarito)—Canelo will be throwing punches with no such memories/damage distracting his natural instinct—which is to take calculated risks by stalking forward, sturdily absorbing some punches, and then countering with the harder shots. Whether it was Josesito Lopez, Carlos Baldomir, Austin Trout, or Shane Mosley, Canelo was not only the better fighter, he was the harder puncher. His ability to mow through punches in order to get on the inside and wing off roundhouse combinations has been electrifying to watch, and if he can get inside, press Floyd to the corners/ropes—much as Cotto did in effective spots—Canelo will be firing off with more size, speed, and power in tight quarters than Floyd is accustomed to seeing. Further, because Floyd suffered a severe contusion on his right hand in the Guerrero fight and has had a well-documented history of hand problems throughout his career, he may not be able to fire off his shots with enough velocity to consistently ward off Canelo’s bull-rush, should Canelo elect to actively press the action (which he must do).

Of course, skill reigns over size in boxing. Usually. With Floyd Mayweather, there’s an inordinate amount of skill involved. His advantage is simple: He’s the most technically proficient fighter in boxing. In terms of technique and skill, there is a considerable gap between him and young Canelo. Conversely, while Canelo may be bigger, Floyd always tends to surprise observers when standing toe-to-toe with men who are allegedly far larger than him. I don’t think Canelo’s size will be drastic enough to where he’s dwarfing Floyd, like Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. was versus Sergio Martinez. He’ll be bigger, but he’ll have to use every bit of that size to weave his way through endless traps of science and cobra-strike precision right-hand leads, counter check-hooks, blitzing jabs, and illusionist movement. Canelo will have no time to revert back to sophomoric habits, like when he was bewilderingly inactive in the first few rounds against journeyman Alfonso Gomez, getting virtually shut out on points until he unleashed with a furious burst that left Gomez badly hurt, ending the fight with a suddenly shocking KO. Such indifference against Mayweather will be lethal. That said, if Canelo can flurry with enough fire-fueled bursts—steering the tornado—he will do so knowing that Floyd does have vulnerability against bigger guys who are big punchers, as Shane Mosley was.

“Since I saw him (Canelo), right from the beginning, I knew in my heart that he was the one.”—Oscar De La Hoya

Rivalry

Indeed, sometimes Oscar De La Hoya is more bothered by Floyd Mayweather than he’d like to admit. Aside from describing his 2007 split-decision loss to Mayweather as a “thorn in his side that is still stuck,” Oscar has also been in a sense—fantasizing about a Canelo takeover. From his messianic description of Canelo as “The One”—to Oscar’s exuberant enthusiasm for this fight (even once calling out Mayweather to come fight Canelo a couple years ago after a scintillating Canelo performance) it’s clear that Oscar would love nothing more than to see his Golden Boy avenge the 2007 loss that still oscillates throughout Oscar’s psyche. But haven’t we heard this story before? Oscar claims to have “the blueprint” to beat Floyd—but he claimed the same thing as he mentored Ortiz, Hatton, and other Mayweather opponents only to see them decimated, chopped down, and devastated.

So what’s different about Canelo? Does he somehow possess the red pill that will activate his facilities such that he produces pugilistic weaponry that no other Mayweather opponent has been able to brandish? Floyd has conquered southpaws, slick fighters, come-forward stalkers, counterpunchers, and a myriad of bigger, stronger fighters who were supposed to bully him to a loss—which never came. This is taking nothing away from Canelo, who is rightfully lauded as one of boxing’s brightest, with limitless potential. That said, Mayweather is already proven to be that limitless potential, and if Canelo seeks the storybook plot-twist to catapult his career to the cosmos, then he better be every bit of good as Oscar thinks he is, because he’ll have to be. Not that cosmic shifts haven’t shocked the boxing world before—thus—one would be remiss in giving Canelo zero chance to dethrone Floyd—particularly with the advantages, pedigree, and champion-bred attributes that Canelo carries into the ring.

“Just show me…you know…10 world champions Canelo has beaten. Just 10.”—Floyd Mayweather, in response to a statement that Canelo was boxing’s “biggest star”

Mayweather has an interesting rhythm to his pre-fight approach. Early, he is usually very complimentary of fighters, dishing out objective analysis and respect for his opponent. “Canelo is sold, hungry, strong, a true competitor,” explained Floyd early on the in the fight promotion. “He’s a guy I know I can’t overlook.” Eventually, Mayweather’s competitive nature always reaches a boiling point as the fight approaches—and this time it happened on the last leg of the promotional tour in Los Angeles, as De La Hoya goaded Floyd into debate as he praised Canelo as the “biggest star” in boxing. After handing Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer a TMT (The Money Team) hat and t-shirt, he exclaimed “Richard Schaefer runs Golden Boy. He is Golden Boy.” Next, Floyd reminds Oscar that he himself “might as well be called the Golden Boy because I’ve beaten everyone in y’all crew.” In full “Money” persona, Mayweather next directed his incredulousness at Canelo:

“It’s so crazy that Canelo is such a “big star”—but he’s never been on PPV unless he was on my undercard…but he’s such a big star, Oscar.” Visibly annoyed, De La Hoya snickered as Mayweather reminded writers, media, and the fans of his gaudy resume having beaten 17 world champions, including glittery wins over legendary names like De La Hoya, Marquez, Cotto, Gatti, Mosley, Hatton, and Corrales. Mayweather was fully seated in his championship confidence which has accumulated over his legendary career, and had there not been a language barrier, it may have had a bit of an effect on the younger Canelo who instead of absorbing what Floyd was saying, was in an insulated gaze upon the adulating crowd, not even paying attention. Nonetheless, the tension is undeniable.

It’s current King vs. Heir apparent. Old School vs. New School. Skill vs. Fire. It’s a tremendous event in boxing. All of Mexico and America will be tuned in, with yet another resounding statement legitimizing boxing’s appeal in what has been a stellar 2013 calendar year for the science, confirming an age-old adage in sports:

Nothing in sport is as dramatic and compelling as a championship fight fought at the highest level—against two well-matched champions. Replete with intriguing stylistic contrast, all of the ingredients for a classic are contained within the Mayweather-Canelo framework—and boxing history will forever be impacted based on the outcome of 2013’s superfight, which is the biggest fight in boxing that can be made—right now—including Mayweather-Pacquiao—now drifting away as a distant memory as an even bigger fight is upon us.

@David_Math
-->

Breathe through the nose
keep the mouth closed.
Through the blood
Chi goes where the dow flows.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Mayweather v. Canelo | Game of Throne --- Prediction thread [View all] , Vex_id, Fri Sep-13-13 08:14 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Floyd 8-4. Will be close/interesting early
Sep 13th 2013
best case for saul: Floyd 7-5 Floyd figures him out by rd 5 but
Sep 13th 2013
it was until floyd took away his jab, like u said
Sep 13th 2013
If it goes to the cards, should Floyd be nervous?
Sep 13th 2013
it's going to the cards and he gonna be smiling.
Sep 13th 2013
unless Canelo legitimately won....fuck no
Sep 13th 2013
RE: unless Canelo legitimately won....fuck no
Sep 13th 2013
      he doesn't have to lose for that to happen.....
Sep 13th 2013
      a big part of the public interest in Floyd fights
Sep 13th 2013
http://tinyurl.com/kqht9xj
Sep 13th 2013
Canelo by either stop or KO
Sep 13th 2013
I'm so hyped for that undercard
Sep 13th 2013
If Floyd gets knocked down early
Sep 14th 2013
Mayweather
Sep 13th 2013
Floyd by decision in prolly his closest most exciting fight we seen
Sep 13th 2013
unless this is the fight were Mayweather's age catches up to him
Sep 13th 2013
Floyd has to get old. I think it happens tomorrow
Sep 13th 2013
floyd in a UD. same as always.
Sep 13th 2013
Floyd UD, hopefully Canelo will make it a bloodbath
Sep 13th 2013
This is what's stopping me from putting $ on Canelo:
Sep 13th 2013
Floyd in a UD but not a runaway...
Sep 13th 2013
Draw
Sep 13th 2013
Floyd 9-3 or 8-4
Sep 13th 2013
Floyd by UD
Sep 13th 2013
I don't follow boxing so can someone explain this to me RE: cutting weig...
Sep 13th 2013
Reportedly he was 172 against Trout
Sep 13th 2013
yea it's crazy
Sep 13th 2013
smh, now wonder america is shit in the STEM disciplines
Sep 14th 2013
Floyd: 150.5 | Canelo: 152 -- wow. What a weigh-in
Sep 13th 2013
Mayweather
Sep 13th 2013
Mayweather by KO in 11th
Sep 13th 2013
Floyd by UD
Sep 13th 2013
may I ask a dumb question as a non-boxing head???
Sep 14th 2013
his record shows he has fought 6-8 fights a year
Sep 14th 2013
6-8 a year??? Isn't that a shit ton of fighting?
Sep 14th 2013
      that really is but he was coming up and took on any fight
Sep 14th 2013
Nowadays, if you're a top fighter
Sep 14th 2013
floyd went to the Olympics and had a major promoter from the gate
Sep 14th 2013
Mayweather in a S/D
Sep 14th 2013
Floyd, UD
Sep 14th 2013
Floyd UD. I expect Floyd to throw them fireworks at old boy a few times
Sep 14th 2013
Floyd UD. I expect Floyd to throw them fireworks at old boy a few times
Sep 14th 2013
so who got that link?
Sep 14th 2013
^^^ yeah what he said
Sep 14th 2013
I just spent the last 30 minutes searching for one. Nope.
Sep 14th 2013
I got one. Don't know if it'll last til the big fight though
Sep 14th 2013
can i get down with one of them links?
Sep 14th 2013
inbox please
Sep 14th 2013
inbox plzzz
Sep 14th 2013
wife dont wanna go out. homie is workin OT. i need a laink.
Sep 14th 2013
hit the inbox
Sep 14th 2013
Canelo by late stoppage or decision
Sep 14th 2013
I wonder if floyd re-hurts that hand again?
Sep 14th 2013
      I think he's going to avoid sitting down on his shots like that.
Sep 14th 2013
Is the usual site aksing you to install a player tonight?
Sep 14th 2013
it did. I didn't. looking for others....
Sep 14th 2013
links 11 and 12 are good.
Sep 14th 2013
      good look G.
Sep 14th 2013
      Please hook me up
Sep 14th 2013
DON'T DO IT!!!!
Sep 14th 2013
My links working.....
Sep 14th 2013
please and thank you
Sep 14th 2013
Please hook me up
Sep 14th 2013
inbox plz and thanks..
Sep 14th 2013
I'll suck yo dick!
Sep 14th 2013
RE: My links working.....
Sep 14th 2013
please and thank you.
Sep 14th 2013
Yo I need this too
Sep 14th 2013
if anyone dont mind.....can I have
Sep 14th 2013
It's looking like Showtime is toying with folks on these streams
Sep 14th 2013
Floyd by late rd tko
Sep 14th 2013
this molina ishe smith fight boring as shit so far
Sep 14th 2013
Anyone here in London? If so where are they showing this shit???
Sep 14th 2013
sawry...
Sep 14th 2013
Mayweather by decision
Sep 14th 2013
Canelo punkass weigh 165
Sep 14th 2013
RE: Canelo punkass weigh 165
Sep 14th 2013
And here we go...
Sep 14th 2013
BEIBS!!!!!!
Sep 14th 2013
lol
Sep 14th 2013
Yessssssssss
Sep 14th 2013
      by the way
Sep 14th 2013
           A champion of a groundskeeper
Sep 14th 2013
Showtime
Sep 14th 2013
Jeez, Canelo looks huge after rehydrating. May active. Can't call it.
Sep 14th 2013
Floyd either knocks him out in round 7 or wins a decision
Sep 14th 2013
Mayweather.... SPEED
Sep 14th 2013
Floyd don't look right to me. Not saying he will lose but....
Sep 14th 2013
I don'tknow, Floyd looks to be in complete control of this fight to me
Sep 14th 2013
Yup. So much so that Im bored
Sep 14th 2013
5-0 Floyd
Sep 14th 2013
canelo is flat footed now
Sep 14th 2013
floyd too quick for this cat
Sep 15th 2013
Floyd's speed and accuracy are always just so impressive
Sep 15th 2013
Beautiful uppercut
Sep 15th 2013
This is a sonning. Good Lord.
Sep 15th 2013
man, Mayweather is the GOAT.....
Sep 15th 2013
^
Sep 15th 2013
LOL. Canelo was good, but he damn sho wasn't Jake LaMotta
Sep 17th 2013
Man, Floyds ringcraft is just poetic.It's beautiful to watch.
Sep 15th 2013
Money having fun out here.
Sep 15th 2013
Floyd using his legs a lot this round
Sep 15th 2013
man none of these young cats gon just out box floyd
Sep 15th 2013
#THEMONEYTEAM
Sep 15th 2013
Money is amazing. Period
Sep 15th 2013
Pretty much
Sep 15th 2013
Pretty amazing that this was one of Floyds easiest fights. lol.
Sep 15th 2013
Start discrediting Canelo Alvarez here:
Sep 15th 2013
: )
Sep 15th 2013
Floyd should have fought Alvarez when he was in his prime
Sep 15th 2013
Lol, It's funny cuz it's true
Sep 15th 2013
Canelo fought Floyd too soon...
Sep 15th 2013
LMFAO. right. nigga is basura. floyd aint NEVER FIGHT NOBODY!!
Sep 15th 2013
Young
Sep 15th 2013
      You misspelled "not as good as Floyd"
Sep 15th 2013
           A class--> ________ -->Generational class?
Sep 17th 2013
                Hyperbole
Sep 18th 2013
That's the easiest 100M ever made in the history of capitalism
Sep 15th 2013
DOMINATE
Sep 15th 2013
Easy money
Sep 15th 2013
lol @ people thinking Manny could ever have beat this guy.
Sep 15th 2013
What the hell was that scorecard?
Sep 15th 2013
That judge..,. Just stop
Sep 15th 2013
They wouldn't score it 114-114 if Floyd was fighting lil kim in N. Korea
Sep 15th 2013
      Lol@ lil kim
Sep 15th 2013
Holy shit
Sep 15th 2013
LOL who scored it a draw?lolololol
Sep 15th 2013
CJ Ross
Sep 15th 2013
Yeah, she's basically boxing's version of a troll
Sep 15th 2013
      You must be new to boxing
Sep 15th 2013
That judge deserved to be shot (figuratively) for that bull.
Sep 15th 2013
Right? LOLOLOL
Sep 15th 2013
this bitch scored a draw???
Sep 15th 2013
unreal. he needs to explain himself.
Sep 15th 2013
      she
Sep 15th 2013
           ahhhh
Sep 15th 2013
                Lol
Sep 15th 2013
Dog the british commercials on this stream are fucking hilarious
Sep 15th 2013
That one with the spy animals on the train
Sep 15th 2013
I told the kids that was the UK version of the Geico Gecko.
Sep 15th 2013
Beat me to it
Sep 15th 2013
TBE
Sep 15th 2013
Floyd proving his amazing quality yet again. Props to Canelo as well
Sep 15th 2013
Glad I kept my green in the pocket. I already knew..
Sep 15th 2013
Draw card..FOH. Someone check Ross's Swiss bank accounts
Sep 15th 2013
Greatest boxer you've seen?
Sep 15th 2013
Floyd, Roy, and Tyson are the big 3 I've seen
Sep 15th 2013
Hagler and Holyfield
Sep 15th 2013
Floyd is the best since the Four Kings.
Sep 16th 2013
The Klits ahead of Sweet P??? Neva eva.
Sep 17th 2013
      except he didnt beat either one of them
Sep 17th 2013
           People who actually watched the fights know better.
Sep 17th 2013
                Of course SP beat Chavez. Lopsided victory, worst decision ever.
Sep 18th 2013
                There is absolutely NO WAY the Klits are better than Sweet P
Sep 19th 2013
                     Ignoring a decade of dominance in the HW division is asinine
Sep 19th 2013
                          They're a combined 0-1 against A-class fighters.
Sep 22nd 2013
                i dont disagree.
Sep 18th 2013
                     Do corrupt judges make Whitaker any less great?
Sep 19th 2013
                          Had they awarded Castillo the decision, would u have ran with it?
Sep 19th 2013
                               What kind of dumb ass analogy is that?
Sep 22nd 2013
Floyd, Tyson, RJJ, sweet pea,
Sep 19th 2013
lol
Sep 15th 2013
hahahaha
Sep 15th 2013
Lol
Sep 15th 2013
They're diggin' in on her here as well:
Sep 15th 2013
LMAO!
Sep 15th 2013
Too funny.
Sep 15th 2013
lmao
Sep 17th 2013
I feel like sayin somethin about female judges, but I won't *smh*
Sep 15th 2013
Like I've been saying....Floyd fighting "bigger" guys makes no
Sep 15th 2013
lol - nga stop...
Sep 15th 2013
      nope.... you didn't believe in the guy enough
Sep 15th 2013
           Warren, take some time off.
Sep 15th 2013
                this right here...
Sep 15th 2013
                     Lol...watching you squirm, be mad, cop pleas, backtrack is sad
Sep 16th 2013
                          cop pleas?? All this happened exactly how I said it would...lol
Sep 17th 2013
                               Ray Leonard or Robinson would trade careers with Floyd in a milisecond
Sep 17th 2013
                                    they may trade for his money...but they both have better careers
Sep 18th 2013
                                         LOL @ "boxing careers." All those guys envy Floyd.
Sep 18th 2013
I won $50 from this fight but gave it back cuz I scored it as a draw! :D
Sep 15th 2013
Tedy talkin bout it
Sep 15th 2013
missed it.. what is he saying.
Sep 15th 2013
Sayin she will not be reprimanded at all
Sep 15th 2013
Yup - the lack of oversight is such a joke
Sep 15th 2013
Yet another Money Mayweather clinic. Alvarez wasn't close.
Sep 15th 2013
I need a gif of canelo missing with a right hook and hitting the top rop...
Sep 15th 2013
Vex's streak of disappointing hyped fights is still alive.......
Sep 15th 2013
Did people at your fight parties complain that it wasn't a KO?
Sep 15th 2013
Yup, my spot the host linked up Hagler/Hearns to the WebTV after
Sep 15th 2013
can you post a link to said interview?
Sep 15th 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noBv1QmfRsw
Sep 18th 2013
Hahahaha! @everybody shut the fuck up.
Sep 15th 2013
He doesn't do anything (c) woman
Sep 15th 2013
i've learned not to have boxing convos with women.
Sep 15th 2013
mine roots for the boxer with the prettier shorts color
Sep 15th 2013
Yes, and GOD is it annoying
Sep 15th 2013
I love the sweet science, but Floyd stunk it out the 2nd half
Sep 15th 2013
      lol
Sep 16th 2013
so much for that rematch talk, lol
Sep 15th 2013
i thought floyd would carry dude a lil more to ensure the rematch
Sep 15th 2013
You mean "that fraud Garcia" (c)spm 2 days ago ???
Sep 15th 2013
      ain't callin for shit, just predicting what i think will happen next
Sep 16th 2013
I think it was round 8, Canelo had his guard up, Floyd feigns a left
Sep 15th 2013
No.
Sep 15th 2013
      Nah son, u wrong. Floyd said those body shot HURT.
Sep 15th 2013
           Floyd was "hurt" against Ricky Hatton too.
Sep 16th 2013
                If Canelo fought like Hatton he had a good chance of winning.
Sep 17th 2013
                     Neither had any chance of winning, like, at all.
Sep 17th 2013
                     That's easy to say AFTER the fight.
Sep 17th 2013
                          Shush. Canelo got fucked up. Go to CVS, get gummy worms, play GTA.
Sep 17th 2013
                               Haha u funny, but sensitive. No need to lie to yourself.
Sep 22nd 2013
                     Canelo had a welt under his left eye
Sep 18th 2013
Cotto looked better...
Sep 15th 2013
This^^^
Sep 16th 2013
Canelo looked like Blake Griffin against ZBO
Sep 15th 2013
Schaefer Ponders Mayweather vs. Khan at Wembley
Sep 15th 2013
that would be an insane payday. floyd would make like USD$160M
Sep 15th 2013
tax conversion = not going to happen
Sep 15th 2013
that would be the only thing to stop that pay day ...
Sep 16th 2013
That would be HORRIBLE... but it makes financial sense.
Sep 17th 2013
      RE: That would be HORRIBLE... but it makes financial sense.
Sep 17th 2013
Can DLH stop saying he's got the blueprint to beat Floyd now?
Sep 16th 2013
To be fair, Oscar did use effective aggression
Sep 16th 2013
I agree, just tired of hearing Oscar make it seem so simple in the
Sep 16th 2013
Nah O... It was aggression but it wasn't effective...
Sep 16th 2013
      I didn't say the fight was close
Sep 16th 2013
           split decision
Sep 17th 2013
                Canelo was a majority decision
Sep 17th 2013
the 3 ppl who effectively used that blueprint have got at floyd
Sep 16th 2013
Bwahahahhahhahahahhahahahaahah
Sep 16th 2013
spm will just say anything
Sep 16th 2013
People should look up the Emmanuel Augustus (Burton) fight
Sep 16th 2013
      RE: People should look up the Emmanuel Augustus (Burton) fight
Sep 16th 2013
      Emmanuel Augustus is awesome, but not for the point you're making.
Sep 16th 2013
      yeah that was easily Floyd's toughest fight
Sep 16th 2013
      LLOL
Sep 16th 2013
           LMAO @ the opening:
Sep 17th 2013
Money beat a super middleweight on sat
Sep 16th 2013
Waitin for someone to say Super Middleweights rehydrate to 180
Sep 16th 2013
      RE: Waitin for someone to say Super Middleweights rehydrate to 180
Sep 16th 2013
      U just did.
Sep 22nd 2013
Canelo is still undefeated...according to #MayweatherLogic #Cotto
Sep 16th 2013
http://tinyurl.com/cvedfvf
Sep 16th 2013
lolololololol
Sep 16th 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am8fa6YqJxw
Sep 16th 2013
http://i.imgur.com/7UNff.gif
Sep 16th 2013
      http://www.jotdown.es/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/MIB.jpg
Sep 16th 2013
           http://tinyurl.com/kh92nuj
Sep 16th 2013
lol
Sep 17th 2013
Floyd has already changed the sport for the better re: Peds
Sep 16th 2013
      or maybe he didn't want press to bring up his fighter J'Leon Love...
Sep 16th 2013
           Bwahahhah niggas reaching to J'Deon Love for Floyd hate
Sep 16th 2013
                Yes, your boy Floyd looked extra sharp on Saturday....
Sep 16th 2013
                somebody from floyds gym managed BY floyd used PEDS
Sep 17th 2013
                     no one cares, dogg.
Sep 17th 2013
                          How u "cleaning up the sport" when someone on ur team dirty?
Sep 17th 2013
                               Don't matter, Pacquaio got fucked up real, real, bad. Floyd undefeated.
Sep 17th 2013
I re-watched Floyd v. Canelo w/ some Bach in the background
Sep 16th 2013
M-m-may-Bach music?
Sep 18th 2013
Floyd was brilliant as always and he is definitely one of the best ever....
Sep 16th 2013
LMAO at Bernard Hopkins tawnbout he'll meet Floyd at 160 in May
Sep 17th 2013
MAYWEATHER DUCKIN!!!!
Sep 17th 2013
      Sunday, May 4, 2014: "Hopkins is 50 years old. Floyd handpicks!!!"
Sep 17th 2013
           that nga could literally beat King Kong in a steel cage match
Sep 17th 2013
this PPV should do 1.5 EASY and if it doesnt' do over 2 Mil it's a flop
Sep 17th 2013
THIS nigga.
Sep 17th 2013
lol...goalposts got moved to a completely different stadium...
Sep 17th 2013
Take a full timeout fam, get a hold of yourself
Sep 17th 2013
Broner and Floyd will probably end up fighting at some point
Sep 17th 2013
the friendship itself seems manufactured so hopefully they do fight
Sep 17th 2013
I think Floyd is already a bit bothered by Broner
Sep 17th 2013
      Broner is actually kinda like Canelo
Sep 17th 2013
      RE: Broner is actually kinda like Canelo
Sep 17th 2013
      Interesting
Sep 18th 2013
           Remember: Canelo and Broner are the same age.
Sep 18th 2013
                Man I didn't even see the damn fight
Sep 18th 2013
                     Robert Garcia's got Maidana boxing more
Sep 18th 2013
      yeah i dont think Floyd has ever referred to AB as "lil brother"
Sep 18th 2013
http://tinyurl.com/bdld6ut
Sep 17th 2013
who cares if showtime breaks even?
Sep 19th 2013
L
Sep 19th 2013
Floyd-haters are really going full Scooby Doo villain right now.
Sep 17th 2013
Floyd is a racist but he is one fantastic and super-smart athlete
Sep 17th 2013
too bad pac got fucked up
Sep 17th 2013
Too bad for Pac, and for Floyd, and for real fans. What pt don't u get?
Sep 17th 2013
      Floyd seems to be doing just fine.
Sep 17th 2013
      The hype for Floyd to fight Pac dwarfed the hype for ANY other matchup
Sep 17th 2013
           Floyd seems to be doing just fine.
Sep 17th 2013
           that fight not happening only benefitted manny...not floyd.
Sep 17th 2013
                Yep. At least Pacquiao can say "I just got caught" re: Marquez
Sep 17th 2013
      real fans woulda been disappointed, kinda like saturday night...
Sep 17th 2013
           On repeat: "Pacquiao walks into a Mayweather right hand*
Sep 17th 2013
Yeah cause Manny/Floyd would have been super competitive.
Sep 17th 2013
Floyd has proven he never needed Manny
Sep 17th 2013
      Floyd not fighting Manny will always be a blemish
Sep 17th 2013
           Floyd has no blemishes. Manny been fucked up multiple times, tho.
Sep 17th 2013
           Prime Manny "would have" lost to Floyd -- but he DIDNT, Floyd ducked him
Sep 17th 2013
                Floyd made 41 mil fighting a better opponent + made u mad.
Sep 17th 2013
                this part right here is a JEWEL
Sep 18th 2013
                Mad? Don't really care. But as boxing fans we all lost. Too bad.
Sep 18th 2013
                     Nah. Watching Manny walk into Floyd punches = no fun
Sep 18th 2013
                          Basically. Manny vs. Floyd would've been boring as shit
Sep 18th 2013
                look, dogg...i believe they STILL gonna fight if manny STOP LOSING
Sep 18th 2013
                Keep rooting for a racist champ who was a coward when it mattered most
Sep 18th 2013
                     It's gonna be alright fam
Sep 18th 2013
                     When it "mattered most" Floyd was shutting out Canelo
Sep 18th 2013
                Arum and Pac ducked Floyd when 40 million was on the table
Sep 18th 2013
           nah you wouldve said manny was too small
Sep 19th 2013
Floyd Jr.: "I'm going to KO Canelo."
Sep 18th 2013
too bad Canelo hopped on his bike & refused to be the agressor
Sep 18th 2013
it's better than saying you gonna win and gettin knocked unconscious.
Sep 18th 2013
LOL
Sep 18th 2013
Canelo didn't open up
Sep 18th 2013
She was obviously trying to be funny.
Sep 18th 2013
I wanna know how you become some emotional...
Sep 18th 2013
I would say its cuz he Filipino but I know LOTSA Pinoys who rep Floyd.
Sep 18th 2013
Just clowning but
Sep 18th 2013
http://tinyurl.com/lj4f9xk
Sep 18th 2013
LoL Canelo still undefeated bro.
Sep 19th 2013
http://tinyurl.com/m7rcdqd
Sep 19th 2013
http://goo.gl/4A0oZU
Sep 18th 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un3NkWnHl9Q