Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2223539

Subject: "Bendo vs Pettis II" Previous topic | Next topic
ShawndmeSlanted
Member since Oct 30th 2004
43352 posts
Sat Aug-31-13 07:16 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Bendo vs Pettis II"

The fightb that the showtime kick made famous
http://www.mma-core.com/gifs/awesome/Showtime_Kick/10001696

It was actually a great 5rnd fight all around. I think even before the showtime kick, though Ben was gonna lose.

Man I love Ben and I really like Pettis though I hate how he weaseled into this fight in his hometown after pulling out of the aldo fight which was just 2 weeks prior. If you pull out of a fight you shouldnt be able to fight for a good 4-8 weeks after the original date.

I think Ben can handle most the lightweights in the UFC, but Pettis is a tough matchup- and always will be because his precision as a striker. Dude is an elite striker, and its not just because of the power of his kicks and punches, but how he sets them up with great footwork and ring generalship (see link below)

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/8/30/4675052/ufc-164-judo-chop-anthony-pettis-ben-henderson-mma-technique-ko-gif-wec-53

Ben has gotten better as a striker, but he still gets hit way too much and isnt as crisp as Pettis. I think if it stays standing most of the fight, Ben loses.

On the flipside Ben has become a much better fighter. Hopefully he can incorporate what Guida did (though im sure Pettis has worked for that). Ben isnt great at taking and holding guys down. Its kinda crazy to me that Pettis was actually favored in this fight for a second.

Anyhow it should be a great card all around.
I hope Pettis loses a good close fight and then gets Aldo. Aldo/Pettis would be great.

---
"though time has passed, im still the future" (c) black thought

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Bendo vs Pettis II [View all] , ShawndmeSlanted, Sat Aug-31-13 07:16 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
That first fight was a classic before the showtime kick
Aug 31st 2013
War Bendo.
Aug 31st 2013
good card so far
Aug 31st 2013
Team Bendo!!
Aug 31st 2013
Danmn wtf...Ben looks like a small lw now
Aug 31st 2013
Whelp.. Didn't see that weak tap out coming.
Aug 31st 2013
Pettis is so good too though
Aug 31st 2013
Damn those body kicks....
Aug 31st 2013

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2223539 Previous topic | Next topic