Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2215400

Subject: "KC Chiefs Offensive Coordinator Smokes Crack Rocks, Does Interview" Previous topic | Next topic
KosherSam
Member since Mar 18th 2004
70132 posts
Thu Aug-01-13 03:43 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"KC Chiefs Offensive Coordinator Smokes Crack Rocks, Does Interview"

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9527876/alex-smith-kansas-city-chiefs-best-qb-doug-pederson-says

The Kansas City Chiefs paid a steep price to acquire Alex Smith this offseason, but according to offensive coordinator Doug Pederson, Kansas City got a steal. Pederson considers the quarterback the best in the NFL.

"Ultimately, every team has to have a quarterback," Pederson told The Kansas City Star. "I think we have the best in the league."

That's high praise considering some of the star quarterbacks in the NFL. Smith finished seventh in Total QBR, ESPN's quarterback rating system, last season (70.1). Peyton Manning (84.1) finished first, followed by Tom Brady (77.1), Colin Kaepernick (76.8), who replaced Smith in San Francisco, Matt Ryan (74.5), Aaron Rodgers (72.5) and Robert Griffin III (71.4).

"There are a lot of great ones, but over time, Alex has proven he can get it done," Pederson told the newspaper. "He's a sharp guy, he brings a wealth of knowledge, he's experienced, he's a proven winner the last couple of years, and he needs a team to embrace him."

The Chiefs traded a second-round pick in April's draft and a conditional selection in next year's draft that could be high as a second-rounder to the San Francisco 49ers to get Smith to be their starting quarterback.

Smith had become the hottest trade commodity in the league after flourishing two years ago, when he led the 49ers to the NFC Championship Game. The former No. 1 overall pick started nine games last season but was sidelined by a head injury midway through the year.

That opened the door for Kaepernick, who sprinted right through it. Kaepernick played so well that 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh made him the starter the rest of the season, forcing Smith to watch from the sidelin as the team played in the Super Bowl.

*Jews you*

"this is okp tho, reading is completely optional" (c) desus

Proceed with caution. I am overtly racist.

<-- In Pigpen we trust

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

KC Chiefs Offensive Coordinator Smokes Crack Rocks, Does Interview [View all] , KosherSam, Thu Aug-01-13 03:43 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Should have ended it here:
Aug 01st 2013
Doug Pederson is like Andy Reid's Memphis Bleek n/m
Aug 01st 2013
IS DAT YOUR QB? (c) Missy
Aug 01st 2013
lmao
Aug 01st 2013
lololololol
Aug 01st 2013
lol
Aug 02nd 2013
Fat Andy: you let dem other niggas get the name skip da game
Aug 02nd 2013
I don't root for teams to fail
Aug 01st 2013
cmon, you say that like it would be a shocker
Aug 01st 2013
is there much difference between Smith and Cassel?
Aug 01st 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3szXpKYCVo
Aug 01st 2013
I'm pretty sure Cassel on the Niners could've done the same job as Smith
Aug 01st 2013
      Lol you are in Alex Smith post with a quickness
Aug 01st 2013
lol @ acting like '08 was the last year cassell QBed.
Aug 01st 2013
Again, loving all this attention my team is getting from OKP.....
Aug 01st 2013

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2215400 Previous topic | Next topic