Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2213105

Subject: "My Falcons are ride or die with Matty Ice (link)" Previous topic | Next topic
Nick Has a Problem...Seriously
Member since Dec 25th 2010
16580 posts
Thu Jul-25-13 03:17 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"My Falcons are ride or die with Matty Ice (link)"

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9509342/matt-ryan-atlanta-falcons-finalize-nine-figure-extension-sources-say

Updated: July 25, 2013, 3:43 PM ET
By Pat Yasinskas | ESPN.com

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- Matt Ryan and the Atlanta Falcons have agreed to a five-year contract extension that will make the quarterback one of the league's highest-paid players, league sources told ESPN Senior NFL Analyst Chris Mortensen.

The extension, which came just before the first practice of training camp, guarantees Ryan $59 million, the sources said, and can be worth up to $103.75 million, for a $20.75 million annual average salary. Ryan will make $63 million in the first three years, the sources said.

Ryan's extension ranks him near Aaron Rodgers, Joe Flacco, Drew Brees and Peyton Manning among the league's top-paid players.

Ryan had one year remaining on his rookie contract, but the Falcons had been working for months to lock him up for the long term. He's the face of the franchise and the team wanted to make certain he still is around when the Falcons move into a new stadium in 2017.

Ryan is coming off the best season of his five-year career and led the Falcons to last season's NFC Championship Game. Ryan has led the Falcons, a franchise that never had back-to-back winning seasons before his arrival, to five consecutive winning seasons.

Falcons, Braves, Bulldogs and Hawks

Geto Boys, Poison Clan, UGK, Eightball & MJG, OutKast, Goodie Mob

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

My Falcons are ride or die with Matty Ice (link) [View all] , Nick Has a Problem...Seriously, Thu Jul-25-13 03:17 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Expected...a lot of fuckin cheese but thats the going rate
Jul 25th 2013
I'm fine with the deal, he's a winner
Jul 25th 2013
RISE UP
Jul 25th 2013
NARD DOGG HE MADE IT
Jul 25th 2013
Get money.
Jul 25th 2013
Pretty much a no-brainer
Jul 25th 2013
had to pay him, when you get a qb who is good u can't lose him
Jul 26th 2013
Yea but has he ever had a 5k yard season??
Jul 26th 2013
Nah but he's still better than Staff
Jul 26th 2013
      ....Seriously?
Jul 26th 2013
Mt. Airy stand up
Jul 26th 2013

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2213105 Previous topic | Next topic