Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2118613

Subject: "Son of a bitch..... son of a BITCH (c) Sonny Corleone" Previous topic | Next topic
KosherSam
Member since Mar 18th 2004
70132 posts
Thu Jan-24-13 07:29 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Son of a bitch..... son of a BITCH (c) Sonny Corleone"

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8875093/darrelle-revis-new-york-jets-shopped-possible-trade-option-according-source

Pessimistic about his chances of re-signing Darrelle Revis before he becomes a free agent next year, New York Jets owner Woody Johnson is open to trading the star cornerback, a person familiar with Johnson's thinking said Wednesday night.

Revis' contract will void after the 2013 season, and there is a clause in the deal that prohibits the Jets from using the franchise tag.

If they don't sign Revis to an extension, the Jets could lose him as a free agent.

The fact that Revis is just three months removed from major knee surgery complicates the matter. There also are salary-cap ramifications that could hinder a potential trade.

Johnson has "no confidence" in the Jets' ability to re-sign Revis, the person familiar with his thinking said. Despite the knee injury, he could seek more than $16 million per year, which could be prohibitive for the cap-strapped Jets. They're already $19.4 million over the 2013 salary cap.

Revis is due to make $6 million in 2013, including $3 million in base pay and the rest in various bonus money.

The Jets could gauge interest around the league, hoping to receive fair-market value for Revis. But that will be difficult, considering the nature of his injury and his steep contract demands.

CBSSports.com first reported that Johnson wants to explore a possible trade involving Revis.

The development came on the eve of John Idzik's formal introduction as the Jets' new general manager. The former Seattle Seahawks executive has the final say on personnel matters, and the Revis showdown looms as one of the most pressing items on his offseason agenda.

The Jets consider Revis one of the best players in team history, but they've previously engaged in two acrimonious negotiations with his agents.

Revis sat out the 2010 preseason in a contract dispute, eventually signing what was described as a short-term, "Band-Aid" deal. It was a one-year extension to the remaining three years -- a total of $46 million.

Coming off a 6-10 season, the Jets need to replenish their roster and solve their salary-cap issues. Johnson may see Revis as a bargaining chip that could accomplish those goals.

Despite his contract issues, Revis never has expressed a desire to play elsewhere.

"I definitely want to be here," Revis said the day after the season. "This is where I live, this is the team I got drafted by."

In recent days, however, Johnson has talked privately about life without Revis, expressing concern about what it would cost to keep him.

*Jews you*

"this is okp tho, reading is completely optional" (c) desus

Proceed with caution. I am overtly racist.

<-- In Pigpen we trust

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Son of a bitch..... son of a BITCH (c) Sonny Corleone [View all] , KosherSam, Thu Jan-24-13 07:29 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
I knew what this post was about before I entered, lol
Jan 24th 2013
I knew exactly what this was about before clicking
Jan 24th 2013
And coming off a 2nd surgery, you'll get dimes on the dollar for him
Jan 24th 2013
one of those injured pass rushers has to be in the deal
Jan 24th 2013
We won't get fooled again.
Jan 24th 2013
nah you need another star corner go for it bro
Jan 24th 2013
FUCK!
Jan 24th 2013
I have many thoughts about this... I have had a bad feeling about this
Jan 24th 2013
I'm at the end of my rope with this shit man.
Jan 24th 2013
      Pretty Much
Jan 24th 2013
      jesus. just sign Alex Smith to a 2 year deal and wait to draft a better ...
Jan 24th 2013
           that would be a GREAT look for the Jets
Jan 24th 2013
      Oh, I love doing these. No one fucks themselves like the Lions.
Jan 24th 2013
      exactly, u could give cro away for a 7th rnder to free up money
Jan 24th 2013
If Woody does this I'm putting a contract out on him.
Jan 24th 2013
typical Jets, wait til hes worthless (salary & knee-surgery) to move him
Jan 24th 2013
while they are dumb, its not like they are dangling him for a 5th rnd pk
Jan 24th 2013
      people would be insane to offer anything substantial so guess hes stayin
Jan 24th 2013
           thats at least my hope
Jan 24th 2013
Presuming his rehab is going well...Tampa needs to be on this.
Jan 24th 2013
you guys dont think this is just management posturing
Jan 24th 2013
Hi, we're the New York Jets. Have we met?
Jan 24th 2013
      i know but realistically do you think paying him 16mil
Jan 24th 2013
           especially a sorry no-offense havin one & a CB fresh off knee surgery
Jan 24th 2013
if he's healthy, he's worth what he's paid and a top 10 NFLer.
Jan 24th 2013
I think he will bounce back fine, he didnt rely on quickness
Jan 24th 2013
wrong spot
Jan 24th 2013

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2118613 Previous topic | Next topic