Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2806361

Subject: "oakland a's relocating to sacramento for 2025-2027" Previous topic | Next topic
falafel stand pimpin
Member since Dec 26th 2006
4385 posts
Thu Apr-04-24 01:36 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"oakland a's relocating to sacramento for 2025-2027"

I don't know how MLB teams can play in a AAA stadium for 3+ years but ok

https://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/athletics/article/a-s-close-deal-play-sacramento-triple-a-ballpark-19384712.php

The Oakland Athletics, who arrived in the Bay Area in 1968 and won four World Series championships, are in their swan song season at the Coliseum.

Owner John Fisher, a target of fan scorn for his plan to relocate the A’s to Las Vegas, has struck a deal to temporarily move the team to a minor-league ballpark in West Sacramento for the 2025-27 seasons, with an option for a fourth season.

“We explored several locations for a temporary home, including the Oakland Coliseum,” Fisher said in a statement. “Even with the long-standing relationship and good intentions on all sides in the negotiations with Oakland, the conditions to achieve an agreement seemed out of reach. We understand the disappointment this news brings to our fans, as this season marks our final one in Oakland. Throughout this season, we will honor and celebrate our time in Oakland, and will share additional details soon.

“We extend our appreciation to the Kings and the City of West Sacramento, and look forward to making Sutter Health Park our home until our new ballpark opens in Las Vegas.”

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

oakland a's relocating to sacramento for 2025-2027 [View all] , falafel stand pimpin, Thu Apr-04-24 01:36 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
is there a minimum on wall distance from home plate?
Apr 04th 2024
The outfield dimensions between parks are nearly identical.
Apr 04th 2024
There is, Fenway is allowed to be an exception cause it’s old
Apr 05th 2024
Fuck Fisher, the A's whole organization, and MLB
Apr 04th 2024
I was at the A's / Sox game on Tuesday night. It was depressing.
Apr 04th 2024
see I was gonna come in here with kind words for you
Apr 05th 2024
      Ha. I actually don't have any problem with Raiders fans from LA
Apr 05th 2024
WEST Sacramento
Apr 05th 2024
Something to do when we visit sac lol
Apr 05th 2024
I wouldn’t be shocked if it’s for longer. Vegas may fall through.
Apr 08th 2024

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2806361 Previous topic | Next topic