Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2704200

Subject: "Terrence Crawford" Previous topic | Next topic
S_Ali
Charter member
1479 posts
Mon Oct-07-19 11:24 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Terrence Crawford"

Before Crawford became undisputed at 140, I always felt like he is the best boxer at 147 the day he moves up to welterweight. I think he is the most talented guy in arguably the most competitive division in boxing.

Having said that, any fighter that signs with Bob Arum cannot be serious about fighting guys from PBC. There is very little evidence to suggest those fights will become a reality. He resigned with Top Rank in 2018 when it was clear every other fighter with a name was aligned with Haymon at his weight class. He didn't even get Manny when both of them were with Top Rank. We wanted to see Spence fight Thurman, Garcia, Porter years ago. I can understand why it didn't happen back then, Spence was more risk than reward. But I never felt like the fights wouldn't happen because they all fought under the PBC banner. The fights just didn't happen when I wanted them to happen. Everyone will want to fight Spence now that he is undisputed and the biggest PPV star in the division outside of Manny. The reward justifies the risk now. But where does this leave Crawford? He is not necessarily a PPV attraction and can only sell our arenas in Omaha. Spence is openly talking about Manny, Garcia, Porter rematch, or possibly a fight with Julian Williams at 154. (ALL PBC guys) Spence has considerably more options at competitive fights than Crawford. We can't say for sure Spence/Crawford ever happens.

I still think Crawford is the most talented but I don't know if he can beat Spence. Truth is Crawford has not fought anybody at 147 that's as good as Ugas, let alone Porter, Garcia, Thurman, or Spence. Nobody was clamoring for a fight between him and Benavidez or Amir Khan. We just don't know and we may never know.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Terrence Crawford [View all] , S_Ali, Mon Oct-07-19 11:24 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
He should've left the same time Manny did
Oct 07th 2019
1. Spence is not undisputed.. maybe you meant unified
Oct 08th 2019
RE: 1. Spence is not undisputed.. maybe you meant unified
Oct 08th 2019
      RE: 1. Spence is not undisputed.. maybe you meant unified
Oct 09th 2019
And here's Bud on TMZ telling Errol to take his panties off & sign
Oct 08th 2019
RE: And here's Bud on TMZ telling Errol to take his panties off & si...
Oct 08th 2019
      That's another thing I meant to mention above
Oct 09th 2019
           RE: That's another thing I meant to mention above
Oct 09th 2019
                Danny Garcia turned them down.
Oct 09th 2019

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2704200 Previous topic | Next topic