Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2323140

Subject: "if the melo thing falls thru..." Previous topic | Next topic
dula dibiasi
Member since Apr 05th 2004
21925 posts
Sat May-03-14 08:47 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
10. "if the melo thing falls thru..."
In response to In response to 9

the bulls should seriously consider pursuing rudy gay.

i know rudy's got a bad rep around the league, but chicago desparately needs scoring. their offense is horrendous, and beggars can't be choosy. rudy obv isn't melo but as a plan B, he would be a pretty nice fit. he's going to give you 20 pts every night, he's still only 27, and he was actually really good in sacramento this season (20.1 ppg, .567 TS%, 19.6 PER)

one possible scenario would involve a straight up swap of boozer and gay (both contracts expire after next season) with the bulls adding a 1st rounder as a sweetener, either one of their 2 picks in this year's draft or even sending back the future #1 that sacramento already owes them (via cleveland) from the luol deng trade. the bulls would remain over the cap, allowing them access to the full midlevel exception, which they could then offer to mirotic. they'd also have the biannual exception which could be used to resign augustin, and they'd still have one of their first round picks left to draft a scoring wing.

and gay's contract expiring in '15 allows you to roll your capspace over 1 yr and pursue love next summer.

you go into next season with a rotation of rose, noah, gibson, gay, augustin, butler, mirotic, dunleavy, greg smith, tony snell and stauskas/young/warren/hood. not as sexy as adding carmelo but not too shabby.

___

it is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. - sherlock holmes

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

espn insider request: roster reload [View all] , dula dibiasi, Sat May-03-14 03:39 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
They're a waste of time but... Bulls
May 03rd 2014
I'll gladly take my 'L' if he's more Darko than Dirk...
May 03rd 2014
      I think he's gonna be neither
May 03rd 2014
      I wasn't expecting Darko either.
May 03rd 2014
      I'm with it too
May 03rd 2014
      hedo's prime was pretty damn good
May 03rd 2014
      Rose is one of the few guys that has the legitimate "it" factor
May 03rd 2014
      Niko...