Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2318412

Subject: "Pau: Fuck Kobe. Pay me. (Swipe)" Previous topic | Next topic
Ryan M
Member since Oct 21st 2002
43833 posts
Wed Apr-23-14 10:34 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Pau: Fuck Kobe. Pay me. (Swipe)"

Sike. Super classy and thoughtful blog from MVPau.

http://www.paugasol.com/blog

Last Tuesday I talked to the press at the Toyota Center. Nothing really surprising in that. It’s standard protocol when the season comes to an end. Players always comment on the past year. It may not have been particularly significant event. But then again, it may be. I’ve finished my contract and I’ll be a free agent in the next few days and it’s not clear whether I’ll sign for the Lakers again.

It may be that the press conference was my last official act with the franchise. I’ve been in similar situations for the last two years, with one foot inside and the other outside. I’m not quite sure where I am at the moment. The good thing is that I’m now the master of my own destiny. It’s me that makes the choices, and that’s a good situation to be in.

Re-signing for the Lakers is a possibility, but I’m not sure whether to say it’s a remote one. If there’s anything or anyone who could make me stay it’s Kobe Bryant. I’d stay for him, but there’d have to be significant changes. I’ve said it many times: I want to be in a team that has a solid chance to win another tournament and where I can be an important factor in the game.

Money is not important

Money isn’t important to me. I have other priorities. A contract lasting several seasons, the make-up of the team that signs me: I’ll need to think long and hard. I won’t just go to the franchise that offers me the biggest salary, I know that.

I would have liked to finish the season on the court, but my vertigo problems made that impossible. I just have to accept it. I’m feeling much better, but not enough to play basketball just yet. I feel like my vacation will help me to make a full recovery and to get ready for the World Cup in Spain. If Orenga calls me I’ll be there. It’s a tournament we’re all looking forward to. I wouldn’t miss it for anything.

It hasn’t been the best season for the Lakers, for many reasons. Our poor health was the main enemy. In all, we missed 319 games due to injuries. There’s never been anything like it, since records began in 1980. None of us escaped. Kobe, Steve Nash were out. In the end, I managed to play 60 games, but almost all our players were sidelined at some point in the season.

I can’t remember anything like it.

It’s been very difficult for the coaches too. They’ve had to be really patient to handle all these injuries. And they deserve credit for that. But it has obviously damaged the team and we can’t hide it. We’re all responsible for it. Like Kobe said, it’s been “a shit season”.

I’ve never concealed the fact that D’Antoni’s style doesn’t suit my game. Everybody knows this. I don’t know if my decision will be swayed by whether Mike stays or leaves. Obviously, the coach is a very important factor for any team.

------------------------------

17x NBA Champions

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Pau: Fuck Kobe. Pay me. (Swipe) [View all] , Ryan M, Wed Apr-23-14 10:34 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
who is this "bryant" in your sig?
Apr 23rd 2014
He's the dude who eclipsed AI a long time ago.
Apr 23rd 2014
Which in turn made him a barnacle on Lebron's nut sack
Apr 23rd 2014
he's the guy you professed your love for years ago after 81
Apr 23rd 2014
Thoughtful as always
Apr 23rd 2014
Good pick, new coach and some Mitch direction...
Apr 23rd 2014
a discount? lol...he should charge the Lakers to even negotiate
Apr 23rd 2014
      Don't get me wrong. He shouldn't.
Apr 24th 2014
           being honest ..would you do it? pau deserves better man
Apr 24th 2014
                Good pick, new coach yes. Otherwise...he should go.
Apr 24th 2014
rumor is D'Antoni is coming back nm
Apr 23rd 2014
      i bet they wait a while to decide, until after the draft lottery
Apr 24th 2014
      they can always mike brown him 5 games in
Apr 24th 2014
           in the absence of real alternatives
Apr 24th 2014
      I really hope that's not true.
Apr 24th 2014
mid-playoffs, amidst teams that actually matter right now ...
Apr 23rd 2014
You're welcome! Thanks for taking my bribe to reply.
Apr 23rd 2014
kind of a weird tone to that
Apr 24th 2014
I'm hearing Feel wants Pau.........
Apr 24th 2014
duh
Apr 24th 2014
      i think melo and pau together would be sick..pau still got it
Apr 24th 2014
           bargnani part deux
Apr 24th 2014
                what a weird comparison.