Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2294276

Subject: "Does Daryl Morey FINALLY Have an L? (Swipe)" Previous topic | Next topic
RexLongfellow
Charter member
18296 posts
Thu Jan-30-14 06:39 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Does Daryl Morey FINALLY Have an L? (Swipe)"

One thing that bothers me about Morey fans is that cats can't admit when he made a bad move. I'm not saying that he isn't a good GM, but it gets on my nerves when even his bad moves, or simple GM moves are praised

Nevertheless, he takes an L here

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10375097/houston-rockets-gm-daryl-morey-calls-royce-white-worst-1st-round-pick-ever

GM: Royce White worst Round 1 pick
Updated: January 30, 2014, 12:35 PM ET
ESPN.com news services
EMAIL
PRINT

Rockets GM: I Made 'Worst First-Round Pick'

Amin Elhassan discusses comments made by Rockets general manager Daryl Morey indicating that he had made the NBA's "worst first-round pick ever" when he selected Royce White with the 16th pick in the 2012 draft.
Tags: Houston Rockets, Philadelphia 76ers, Royce White, Amin Elhassan
NEXT VIDEO video
Rockets Survive Mavs Without Harden
Royce White is the NBA draft's "worst first-round pick ever," according to the man who picked him.

Royce White
Nick Laham/Getty Images
Royce White was the 16th pick in the 2012 draft but has yet to play in a regular-season game.
Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey selected White with the 16th overall pick in the 2012 draft, but White has yet to appear in an NBA game.

"I take some sort of pride in that you could argue that Royce White is the worst first-round pick ever," Morey said in a Q&A discussion with Houston season ticketholders, according to the ClutchFans.net blog.

White, who is 6-foot-8, has struggled with an acknowledged anxiety disorder that would make it a challenge for him to play a full NBA season.

"He's the only one that never played a minute in the NBA that wasn't just a foreign guy staying in Europe," Morey said. "It just shows we swing for the fence."

SportsNation: Morey on White
SportsNationWould you argue that Royce White is the worst first-round draft pick in the history of the NBA draft? Vote! »

Even though Morey considers the selection of White to be a blunder, the pick didn't hurt his career as a GM too much. The Rockets could afford to take a risk on White because they had three first-round picks in 2012. They already had drafted Jeremy Lamb with the 12th pick, then selected Terrence Jones with the 18th pick.

Houston dealt Lamb to Oklahoma City in the James Harden trade, while Jones is averaging 11.8 points per game for the Rockets this season.

Since being drafted, White has been vocal on Twitter, often criticizing the Rockets for downplaying his disorder.

The Rockets suspended White in January 2013 after he refused to accept an assignment to the NBA Development League, then traded him to the Philadelphia 76ers over the summer.

White, 22, averaged 5.0 points, 4.4 rebounds and 1.2 assists in five preseason games for the Sixers and did not make the team.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Does Daryl Morey FINALLY Have an L? (Swipe) [View all] , RexLongfellow, Thu Jan-30-14 06:39 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Lol. He has multiple Ls. He's been slightly above average at best.
Jan 30th 2014
What's the definition of a "hoss"?
Jan 30th 2014
Chandler Parsons doesn't throw a real hoss under the boss.
Jan 31st 2014
you forgot to mention he let Dragic walk to hand Lin that 15 mill
Jan 30th 2014
Wow@That
Jan 31st 2014
Wait -- is this true!?!?
Jan 31st 2014
      absolutely is
Jan 31st 2014
calling the Harden trade an L just makes you seem pressed
Jan 31st 2014
he has several L's