Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2222132

Subject: "Bills need help, call upon THE KING. (swipe)" Previous topic | Next topic
Frank Longo
Member since Nov 18th 2003
86831 posts
Mon Aug-26-13 03:02 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Bills need help, call upon THE KING. (swipe)"

LONG LIVE KING THAD. Tuel better watch his back.

http://es.pn/WTmxe4

Bills plan to start Jeff Tuel at QB
Mike Rodak

ESPN.com | August 26, 2013

The Buffalo Bills plan on starting undrafted rookie quarterback Jeff Tuel in their regular-season opener if EJ Manuel cannot play, coach Doug Marrone said Monday.

The Bills host the New England Patriots in their opener on Sept. 8.

If Jeff Tuel starts for the Bills in Week 1, he will become the first undrafted rookie quarterback in the common draft era (since 1967) to start a season opener, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

"Right now we're planning on Jeff Tuel playing the first game and we're working with EJ to get back as quickly as possible," Marrone told reporters, according to the team's website. "Meaning New England. Right now that's how we're going about planning on doing it until we know more about where EJ is."

If Tuel does indeed start for the Bills in Week 1, he will become the first undrafted rookie quarterback in the common draft era (since 1967) to start a season opener, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

"That's cool," Tuel said, according to the team's website. "It would definitely be an honor if that's the case. I'm surprised that I'm the first, but if that's the case it's a cool thing."

Manuel remains sidelined after undergoing a minor procedure on his left knee last week. Marrone said that while he hopes the 16th overall pick will be ready to play in Week 1, the team will make preparations for Tuel to start.

" working back so he's actually starting to move around now which is a good sign," Marrone said, according to the team's website. "Then it's just a matter of how he heals and then when he's back he'll be our quarterback."

Tuel went 10-for-17 for 63 yards in Saturday's preseason loss to the Washington Redskins, replacing Kevin Kolb, who left with a concussion that now has him sidelined indefinitely.

The Bills are proceeding as though Kolb's concussion, which was termed "serious," could be career-ending, a league source told ESPN.

Kolb will undergo a battery of tests, and the Bills do not want to rush him back even if he can continue his career, the source said.

The Bills signed free-agent quarterback Matt Leinart and traded with the Detroit Lions for quarterback Thad Lewis on Sunday.

ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter contributed to this report.

My movies: http://russellhainline.com
My movie reviews: https://letterboxd.com/RussellHFilm/
My beer TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@thebeertravelguide

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Bills need help, call upon THE KING. (swipe) [View all] , Frank Longo, Mon Aug-26-13 03:02 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
You can't be a king if you're behind Jeff Tuel on a depth chart
Aug 26th 2013
For now. A king knows how to bide his time.
Aug 26th 2013
Aug 26th 2013
      i think he'll be the first nfl starter from a mike leach HC'd team
Aug 26th 2013
      they neglected to mention that he got benched several times last season
Aug 26th 2013
Is it too early to trade for a QB or something.
Aug 26th 2013
they just figure EJ will be back soon .
Aug 26th 2013
See reply #7
Aug 26th 2013
Obviously 11-5 and winning the Super Bowl
Aug 26th 2013
Sounds like a great place for the 9ers to unload Colt McCoy
Aug 26th 2013
Let that kid cook.
Aug 26th 2013
Or they could grab Fat Bastards other handpicked shitty QB project
Aug 26th 2013
we are going to be alright
Aug 26th 2013
You dont believe this
Aug 26th 2013
we gonna Smash the Patriots
Aug 27th 2013
alright alright alright
Aug 26th 2013
I'd trade them Nick Foles
Aug 27th 2013
The King leading in passing and rushing, better than Shitty Leinart.
Aug 29th 2013
smh @ Leinart
Aug 29th 2013
      just to think Leinart is rich
Aug 30th 2013

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2222132 Previous topic | Next topic