Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2201935

Subject: "Reid's laying the ground work for a premise" Previous topic | Next topic
Cocobrotha2
Charter member
10884 posts
Thu Jun-27-13 08:16 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "Reid's laying the ground work for a premise"
In response to In response to 4
Thu Jun-27-13 08:21 AM by Cocobrotha2

If Wall disappoints, he'll be able to say that his flip-flopping on tattoos was the first sign... but it's a really WEAK sign right now so he's really just writing to be writing.

Wall is still maintaining the spirit of his earlier promise to present and maintain a marketable image. The tattoos won't be visible while he's in a jersey, so unless you follow him on instagram, you likely will never see them.

And tattoos are more accepted than ever... there are even very marketable celebrities out there who get away with visible tattoos (they're, of course, exceptional at what they do, which Wall isn't yet).

I think Wall's original promise was a bit naive about how tattoos are perceived... but his actions show some savvy and maturity. The immature move would be to get some neck and face tattoos on some "I'm rich (now), Bitch!" .... or to, you know, actually DO something immature or worng like soliciting a tranny or shitting in someone's shoes.

<-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->
<-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Bomani shooting down all character assassination of John Wall (swipe) [View all] , BrooklynWHAT, Wed Jun-26-13 09:07 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
When I read that article I just dismissed it as some bullshit
Jun 26th 2013
yea i mean reid's piece did a good job of deading itself
Jun 27th 2013
thumbs up on the avi. thumbs way up
Jun 27th 2013
not surprised by niggas overreacting and bomani missing the point
Jun 27th 2013
dogg, i COMPLETELY agree...Reid's column was cheap. I dismissed it.
Jun 27th 2013
      Wall's a max by default... hell, he was a #1 pick by default
Jun 27th 2013
Here's The Thing
Jun 27th 2013

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2201935 Previous topic | Next topic