Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Okay Sports topic #2095621

Subject: "Whitlock, you are welcome fam...I've BEEN saying it (swipe)" Previous topic | Next topic
FromTheGo
Member since Feb 04th 2003
10606 posts
Wed Dec-19-12 04:09 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "Whitlock, you are welcome fam...I've BEEN saying it (swipe)"
In response to In response to 0

I will swipe my damn self for this post

http://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=8&topic_id=2080577&mesg_id=2080577&listing_type=search#2080759

I will say it again!!!

Kobe is the reason the Lakers will continue to catch L's

Kobe is like a rectal cancer brought about from years of getting ass raped by a sociopathic meglomaniac...

Kobe and his ego can't be controlled and the Lakers as an organization suffer in the long run

Kobestans are as much at fault for enabling his gunning behavior and refusal to adjust his talents for the benefit of the team...(ironically when PHIL forced him to change up his approach, the result was you fuckers being able to holler out 5 rings and all types of nonsense, not realizing that he was forced to play second fiddle to Shaq and Gasol/Bynum being the focus of those triangles)

Kobe has ON RECORD stated that he (even though it blessed him with the opportunity to get rings) didn't like the fact that Phil wanted him to QB the triangle and run the offense through the post. He (Kobe) wanted to score and preferred being able to get into his spots in order to do so and wanted someone else to QB in order to get him the ball. The FUCK???? Imagine Pippen saying, PHIL, I don't want to run point foward, let BJ bring the ball up so I can get into my spots and so that Mike can pass me the ball??? The ONE time Pippen showed he wanted to shoot the ball instead of running the designed play, HE CAUGHT HELL for, yet Kukoc hit the shit. Mind you Scottie running the triangle managed to BEAST OUT that particular season and facilitate scoring through the rest of the team. This ALSO has a small part in how Odom's presence was missed considering he accepted the role of a mutated Point Forward to get Kobe and Odom looks and was great for the triangle.

Mike Brown wasn't the problem...

Mike Brown came to the Lakers focused on 3 things:

1. Defense

2. Funneling the offense through the post with his two big men (who happened to be top 10 in the league respectively) JUST LIKE Popovich managed to do with Duncan and David Robinson. Abandon the triangle and get Bynum and Gasol the ball then kick out to open looks when the double team comes...worked for Pop...seems like common sense ( I am fighting the urge to link one of the many WTF is Kobe doing give the ball to Gasol and Bynum!!! posts from last season )

3. Improve the overall talent of the players on the team. Athleticism and speed and get a REAL PG, not some catch and shoot throwback from the triangle days. ( Remind me what happened and what the overall consensus was when Ramon Fucking Sessions came to LA and balled out in his most mediocre way??? Ramon Sessions average ass made LA THAT much better as a team...go figure )

You fuckers deserve every bit of shit that you get with D'Antoni

Kobe Ran Phil out
Kobe Ran Brown out

the Chickens are coming home to roost © El Hajj Malik El-Shabazz

...and now for the facts

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/26/when-nash-comes-back-kobe-says-he-can-just-focus-on-scoring/related/

When Nash comes back Kobe says he can just focus on scoring
Kurt Helin Nov 26, 2012, 8:44 AM EST
17 Comments

Getty Images
Right now we get to see Kobe Bryant running a lot of pick-and-roll when we watch a Lakers game — and it’s not bad. He was never really asked to do this in the triangle offense, but he has shown real skill at decision making on setting up teammates and when to get the points for himself.

But there also has been moments of vintage Kobe — in the four games since Mike D’Antoni started stalking the sidelines, the two times Kobe had fewer than 20 shot attempts the Lakers won, when it was 20 or more they lost. As always, when the other Lakers are struggling to score Kobe takes on more of the offense, but that doesn’t always work.

Kobe thinks his point totals will go up and the Lakers will be better off when he has to distribute less because Steve Nash returns from his broken leg. Then he can just focus on scoring, he told Kevin Ding of the Orange County Register (hat tip to SLAM).

“I’ve been doing this my whole career, and some nights my teammates hit more shots and that adds up to more assists for me,” Bryant said. “The games we win are when the whole team is making shots. Now, if our shots aren’t going in, then I have to take more of the offensive load.”

Bryant is looking forward to Nash’s return, for sure. Nash will be re-evaluated next week.

“I’ll be scoring a lot more when Nash gets back,” Bryant said. “I won’t have to facilitate as much, and it will allow me to do what I do best — and that’s put the ball in the hole.”

There seems to be this feeling among the Lakers and their fans that the return of Nash will be a panacea for the Lakers issues. That somehow everybody will get the touches they want in the places they want once Nash returns.

But it’s not that simple. Pau Gasol and Dwight Howard’s spacing and confidence issues will not magically disappear. It’s not that simple. There will be more adjustments, more guys trying to figure out where they fit in. There are no simple answers for the Lakers… well, other than that they need to defend better.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/05/31/mike-brown-already-preaching-defense-to-lakers/

Mike Brown’s first press conference as the Lakers head coach — and that’s official now, he signed the contract Tuesday — was really pretty uneventful. A lot of coach-speak.

A lot of things about family, about him defining the culture and holding people accountable, about this still being Kobe’s team, about Brown trying to be himself and not Phil Jackson. All the things you’d expect him to say. He said it with the Buss family (except for Jeanie) sitting in the front row.

But there were a few things that became clear.

One is that is already reaching out and trying to sell this veteran team. He has already spoken with Pau Gasol, Derek Fisher, Ron Artest, and has tried to reach Andrew Bynum. Most importantly he has spoken to Kobe Bryant.

“I’ve talked to Kobe by phone a few times, by text and we’ve also already met in person at length,” Brown said. They talked philosophy and family, Brown said.

That philosophy starts with defense. Brown’s philosophy should fit well with the Lakers big men can do – shrink the floor and defend the paint, don’t give up middle drives and contest everything.

On offense Brown said he wants to harken back to what was done when he was an assistant under Gregg Popovich in San Antonio when they had Tim Duncan and David Robinson. Those twin towers worked well together and Brown thinks some of that will work here. He said there will even be some triangle sets.

But there will be some changes. Brown wants to push the pace, then in the half court work inside out with good ball reversals. Those are things the Lakers have done within the triangle when they were playing well, but too often got away from.

That pace and spacing the floor may mean some roster changes. The Lakers need a real point guard, they can’t hide Derek Fisher as the triangle initiator anymore. They need better athletes and shooters.

But that is down the line. Right now he is still busy selling himself and his philosophy to his new team. That’s the first step, building those relationships is what really matters long term for his and the team’s success.

http://lakers.ocregister.com/2011/12/30/mike-browns-defense-already-setting-records/68104/

Andrew Bynum hasn’t even protected one blotch of paint yet, and Mike Brown has lived up to his reputation as a special defensive coach.
The Lakers held Utah to 32.2 percent shooting from the field in a 96-71 victory Tuesday, then followed that up Thursday by limiting New York to 31.3 percent shooting from the field in a 99-82 victory. Not once had the Lakers held opponents to worse than 33 percent shooting in consecutive games since moving to Los Angeles in 1960.
The last time that the Lakers pulled that trick off was November 1959.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/2004-10-12-jackson-book_x.htm

The diary of the 2003-04 season, titled The Last Season: A Team in Search of Its Soul, will be released this month. An excerpt of the book will be published in next week's issue of Los Angeles magazine.

"I do know that there were many occasions this year when I felt like there was a psychological war going on between us," Jackson wrote. "Amazingly, we came to a truce, even to a higher level of trust. Ultimately, though, I don't believe we developed enough trust between us to win a championship."

Jackson said the strain between him and Bryant led him to hire a therapist to consult with during the season, according to the Los Angeles Times, which printed excerpts from the magazine article in its Tuesday edition.

Jackson wrote he became so frustrated with Bryant that he told general manager Mitch Kupchak in January, "I won't coach this team next year if he is still here. He won't listen to anyone. I've had it with this kid."

"It's no sweat for me, man," Bryant said. "He's a great coach. I really learned a lot from him and I respect him from that standpoint. But this is a new challenge for me here, so I'm not going to belabor what somebody might say from past events."

Jackson wrote he became so frustrated with Bryant that he told general manager Mitch Kupchak in January: "I won't coach this team next year if he is still here. He won't listen to anyone. I've had it with this kid."

Bryant was aware of Jackson's ultimatum.

"I heard something like that, but I wasn't going to let that come between me and the team," Bryant said. "

It was not the first time Jackson requested the team trade Bryant. He sought to trade him to the Phoenix Suns for Jason Kidd and Shawn Marion in the 1999-00 season. But then-general manager Jerry West told Jackson that owner Jerry Buss would never trade the Laker star, he wrote in his diary. Jackson said he was told the same thing last season.

"He keeps diaries all the time. I mean, this is his fifth or sixth book," Bryant said. "I'd rather read 'Lord of the Rings' in one day. You know what I'm saying? But I wish him all the best with his book. Obviously, he has something else to focus on."

The Lakers released a statement on behalf of Buss and Kupchak, saying Jackson's book contained "several inaccuracies" but declined to elaborate.

"There are anecdotes that portray things that took place or were said in private, closed door meetings," the statement said. "While Phil has chosen to go public with some of what took place in these meetings, we will respect the spirit of privacy which we feel should be maintained and therefore will not respond to these entries.

"It should be remembered that most of what is contained are Phil's opinions and should be taken with that understanding, not as fact," the statement said.

During last week's training camp, Bryant said he misses Jackson.

"We've had our tough times, we had our share of arguments, but I've always respected him as a coach," he said.

Jackson became exasperated with the feuding between Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal.

"At times the pettiness between the two of them can be unbelievably juvenile," he wrote.

Jackson wrote that Bryant was angry that O'Neal received allowances from the Lakers organization, but that "nobody this year, or in any year I've coached, has received more 'allowances' than Kobe Bryant."

Among those allowances was the Lakers organization's partial payment for the private jets Bryant took to Colorado for the hearings in his rape case.

Bryant complained about the kind of plane he was given to fly to Colorado, Jackson wrote, adding "He should feel fortunate that he's not footing the bill himself."

Jackson said he became conditioned to blame Bryant, even when it wasn't the player's fault.

The sexual assault charge against Bryant was dismissed last month at his accuser's request, but he still faces a lawsuit filed in Denver by the woman.

Bryant told Jackson that O'Neal's presence on the team would affect his decision to stay with the Lakers, adding, "I'm tired of being a sidekick," Jackson wrote.

Bryant has said he had no role in Jackson or O'Neal's departure from the team. Jackson retired, and O'Neal was traded to the Miami Heat. Buss also said the decision to trade O'Neal was made independently of Bryant.

Jackson said he had run-ins with O'Neal as well but that coaching him was "an experience I will cherish forever."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hC5G9WiSAE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MA_hq6tMbI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_f8itdtSd0

†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††
http://s17.postimg.org/6r7bfqpnz/kyrieglass.jpg - They Call Him Mr. Glass

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Whitlock: Kobe is Lakers cancer (swipe) [View all] , LAbeathustla, Wed Dec-19-12 03:17 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Hey, here's a new theory! Let's all read and post about it.
Dec 19th 2012
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/281akc8.gif
Dec 19th 2012
like a nigga just found out he following a false prophet
Dec 19th 2012
      My favorite part of this is seeing you guys agree with Whitlock.
Dec 19th 2012
           Yeah, no one cosigned his bron hate on here before
Dec 19th 2012
aw :o/
Jan 22nd 2013
      Kobe's the greatest, they just dropped The Hobbit 15 years too soon
Jan 22nd 2013
RE: Whitlock: Kobe is Lakers cancer (swipe)
Dec 19th 2012
*inserts obligatory LAKER FANS NEVER TALK ABOUT IT reply*
Dec 19th 2012
Editor: Hey Whitlock, nobody is reading your articles. Fix it.
Dec 19th 2012
Cool.
Dec 19th 2012
fuck the D'Antoni agenda, this shit is like a W 15 yrs in the making
Dec 19th 2012
He's flowing straight from the survival scrolls. would read again.
Dec 19th 2012
lol, Rev X kills me every time. BY WHO POWER?
Dec 20th 2012
Fitting that he makes his point using the extended metaphor of food.
Dec 19th 2012
LOL
Dec 22nd 2012
i'm confused. is dwight moses or russell?
Dec 19th 2012
Dwight is Charlton Heston Moses & this season is Soylent Purple
Dec 20th 2012
      *dead*
Dec 20th 2012
Anybody but whitlock i'd listen...
Dec 19th 2012
OH NOES!
Dec 19th 2012
lol
Dec 19th 2012
And this is the main reason this shit is fucking STUPID.
Dec 19th 2012
The NBA is so fucked up with this 'the man' shit
Dec 19th 2012
careful -- sounding an awful lot like a soccer fan w/ talk like that
Dec 19th 2012
YEAH FUCK KOBE YO
Dec 19th 2012
when it comes to kobe Whitlock is actually worse than Simmons
Dec 19th 2012
It's clear he only wrote that thinking it wasn't going to happen
Dec 19th 2012
BORING
Dec 19th 2012
no the lakers problem is their offense isnt geared for their best player
Dec 19th 2012
      the offense is fine.
Dec 19th 2012
So y'all are going to ignore some of the worst points in this article?
Dec 19th 2012
worst point is "Whitlock" in the post title, the rest is just for fun
Dec 19th 2012
Great point.
Dec 19th 2012
Intellectual dishonesty always plays well here, mainly because
Dec 20th 2012
it is funny
Dec 20th 2012
Uh huh.
Dec 20th 2012
what's sad is yall claim to be above it but clearly aren't
Dec 20th 2012
      Uh huh.
Dec 20th 2012
it's still very funny.
Jan 22nd 2013
It's even funnier because "mad" to them=a well thought out rebuttal
Dec 20th 2012
if you wanna have a convo about everything I hate about LA
Dec 20th 2012
      I don't recall mentioning your name. Like, at all.
Dec 20th 2012
talk about it dog
Dec 20th 2012
No, we're ignoring the entire article.
Dec 20th 2012
      Makes sense
Dec 21st 2012
Where does Kobe fit in a pick and role heavy offense?
Dec 20th 2012
Did this nigga just give Melo playoff props?
Dec 20th 2012
that's what fucked me up!
Dec 22nd 2012
man..
Dec 20th 2012
This is statistical ether.
Dec 20th 2012
lol
Dec 20th 2012
Is the thesis of this article "the Lakers are bad on offense"?
Dec 20th 2012
RE: Whitlock: Kobe is Lakers cancer (swipe)
Dec 20th 2012
lmao
Dec 20th 2012
This article would make shitloads more sense if Dwight >= Shaq
Dec 22nd 2012
lol @ the defensiveness in this thread
Dec 22nd 2012
Simers, of all people, seems to disagree (swipe)
Dec 22nd 2012
let's take a second look at this
Jan 22nd 2013
lmao @ the lakers fans in here now shitting on kobe on a nightly basis
Jan 22nd 2013
Kobe on twitter on tuesday thinking back to 81
Jan 22nd 2013
Kobe didn't even tweet
Jan 22nd 2013

Lobby Okay Sports topic #2095621 Previous topic | Next topic