Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Freestyle Board topic #83019

Subject: "Of Course U Know ..." Previous topic | Next topic
PhotoSynthesis
Charter member
16101 posts
Fri Nov-06-09 05:54 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Of Course U Know ..."
In response to In response to 1
Fri Nov-06-09 06:05 PM by PhotoSynthesis

I had to look ^UP^ what da hell a grimoire was!?!?! --

A grimoire (pronounced /Grim'War/) is a textbook of magic. Books of this genre, typically giving instructions for invoking angels or demons, performing divination and gaining magical powers, have circulated throughout Europe since the Middle Ages.

Oh yeah ...

~AND~

The term "grimoire" commonly serves as an alternative name for a spell-book or tome of magical knowledge in such genres as fantasy fiction. The most famous fictional grimoire is the Necronomicon, a creation of the author H. P. Lovecraft. It was first referenced in his story "The Hound" and subsequently made appearances in many of his stories. Other authors such as August Derleth and Clark Ashton Smith have also cited it in their works with Lovecraft's approval. Many readers and others have believed it to be a real work, with booksellers and librarians receiving many requests for the fictional tome. Pranksters have even listed it in rare book catalogues, including one who surreptitiously slipped an entry into the Yale University Library card catalog. Several authors have also published books titled Necronomicon, though none have been endorsed by Lovecraft himself.

In the hit musical and bestselling book Wicked by Gregory Maguire, Elphaba (The Wicked Witch Of The West) came to owning a "Grimmerie", which held spells.

Grimoires are a common item in video games or fantasy role-playing games with a magical element.

Soooo ... That's what you look like in your pic ... a young wizard! -- *smiles*

I'm callin' Harry Potter!

A guitar string vibrating, a measure of my soul, a breech in the silence --
I've always felt like words come through me & I write them down... they have no master --- gsquared ♥

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/photosynthesis_music.htm

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Selfish grimoires [View all] , WILDOUT, Wed Nov-04-09 04:23 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Selfish grimoires
Nov 06th 2009
      Mom almost named me Harry
Nov 06th 2009
           we call our books of ritual
Nov 06th 2009
           RE: Mom almost named me Harry
Nov 08th 2009