Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Freestyle Board topic #69539

Subject: "Early Evening After Supper Time Walk In The Park" Previous topic | Next topic
marywalsh
Member since Jun 29th 2007
117 posts
Fri Jul-13-07 03:31 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
"Early Evening After Supper Time Walk In The Park"

I should have worn sneakers.
That part of my skin between my big toe and the other is gonna split.
I use too much calf when I walk.
I’m going to miss this dog when I leave.

“Hey pup,” says the man placing a red and white model plane into the trunk of his white car next to the other red and white model planes.

We talk about dogs, his dogs, a rotweiler-greyhound mix with enormous legs and another one he doesn't like as much.

The second he’s only watching for a friend, and there’s no way he can keep it.

It fights his dog and jumps on the table and eats all the food in the kitchen and eats the sofa.

“Leave a piece of meat on the table? Forget about it.”

He is short and stout and slow-speaking and if any other seventeen-year-old girl was in my shoes they would stare straight forward and refuse to look this man in the eye.

They would call him a molester, a rapist, a pervert, all for trying to start a conversation in the motherfucking park.

He gets into his car. “Nice talking to you” and I know it’s been nice because I can tell no one has listened to him all day.

Art:

maryhoulihan.blogspot.com

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Early Evening After Supper Time Walk In The Park [View all] , marywalsh, Fri Jul-13-07 03:31 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Early Evening After Supper Time Walk In The Park
Jul 13th 2007
RE: Early Evening After Supper Time Walk In The Park
Jul 17th 2007

Lobby Freestyle Board topic #69539 Previous topic | Next topic