Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Freestyle Board topic #62675

Subject: "Reflections (pt. 1)" Previous topic | Next topic
Pit Bull
Member since Oct 23rd 2006
422 posts
Mon Dec-18-06 02:02 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Reflections (pt. 1)"

Okay, so its part 1 cause its really really long.. so if I got much of a response to THIS part, then I'll drop some more along the way.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I passed pouches of pent up passion, bent to retreive them..

And they were gone.

They slid into a translucent sliver where reality had ceased to exist- it was quite the fuckin' trip to see

I moved on, dodging billows of green and grey smoke that were released from large sewer grates in the sidewalk. I passed the old basketball court I used to play at and ran my fingers along the chainlink fence outside it.. It was torn down in many places and I cut my hand on my past.

Beyond I came across my old school- the first one, the one where I first snuck out of class to get Carl's Jr, drink Jack Daniels, and smoke a bowl. The school where I first learned how to hustle, and the school where I was first punched in the face- and was able to restrain myself from reacting.

I did not stay long there; I flitted by like the seagulls that cried out overhead. When the scraps of memories were gone, so was I- and most of what I salvaged was hazy and unclear, and left me feeling... drunk.

Next I came upon a feeling of open-ness that I had yet to experience in life. I opened wide my arms, felt the kiss of the sun on my skin and breathed in deeply the cool, crisp air.. Because there is no other air worthy of astonishing moments, positive moments. Searing heat and blistering cold are reserved for bad moments in life, this is the way it has always been.. Look it up- all the best moments in history have been during pleasant days, partly cloudy with a slight chance of rain.

And then a feeling of calm coalesced- yes, it did not feel the need to impress me with greedy clamberings for instant gratification- gratis. No, it made me wait, made me hold back even though all I wanted to do was

COME,

you dirty motherfucker you, and just for you I burst onto the world with that same sick feeling of guilty pleasure, that feeling that says, "Fuck yeah, that was great, do you got the smokes or do I?"

And I came, its true.. I laughed, amused, and the Earth laughed with me.

"What is done in love always takes place beyond good and evil." -- Nietzsche

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Reflections (pt. 1) [View all] , Pit Bull, Mon Dec-18-06 02:02 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Reflections (pt. 1)
Dec 20th 2006
Dec 20th 2006
your voice
Dec 22nd 2006
Dec 29th 2006