Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Freestyle Board topic #60909

Subject: "Counterbalance" Previous topic | Next topic
Organic
Charter member
10 posts
Tue Oct-10-06 10:59 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy listClick to send message via AOL IM
11. "Counterbalance"
In response to In response to 0

**Okay, I just logged on for the first time in a long while, and I see this post. I like the message and all, but I have to comment. Smoking cigs is fucked up, for sure, and prepetuated by some insane lobbying and much bullshit (you think it's bad here go to Central America or most Asian countries). The tobacco industry rivals big oil on my list of corporations to take down once I'm out of law school. BUT, folks who preach about smoking squares had BEST be enjoying their ganja from a Volcano or a bong, becuase smoking just once a day from joints and pipes seems to be worse for you than smoking a few cigs. Check this out:

The Effects of Marijuana on the Lungs
Researchers at the UCLA Pulmonary Research Laboratory studied the effects of marijuana smoking in 75 young men. The men consumed an average of five marijuana cigarettes a day for two months. The study showed that the lung damage caused by four marijuana cigarettes were equal to the damage caused by 112 tobacco cigarettes.

Gabriel Nahas, a leading researcher and anesthesiologist at Columbia University, wrote in the Journal of American Medical Association:

"Cannabis use interfered with cell division...harmed lung tissue significantly, with the damage persisting long after cessation of smoking...lowered the lungs' defenses against bacteria 'substantially more' than does tobacco...reduced sperm counts and decreased testosterone levels (although these effects were reversible after the users stopped smoking marijuana)...."

Although many studies have come to the same conclusions about marijuana smoking and its effects on the respiratory system, some studies have shown otherwise.

April 20, 2005 (from http://lungdiseases.about.com/b/a/163846.htm)

**Now, you know I smoke one or two cigs a day. I'm not thrilled with that. BUT, I have to say it's hard to hear concerns about my health and criticism with open ears, when I don't smoke weed and the folks who are talking do. What you say?

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

They got you, too, huh? (No Smoking) [View all] , ToeJam, Thu Oct-05-06 12:06 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
lights up newport... lol
Oct 05th 2006
RE: lights up newport... lol
Oct 05th 2006
      i ain't hooked, i've been smoking three years...
Oct 05th 2006
           Bush is doing a great job...
Oct 05th 2006
                i was joking.
Oct 11th 2006
i don't encourage
Oct 05th 2006
RE: i don't encourage
Oct 05th 2006
      RE: The whole thing
Oct 06th 2006
LOL...I think I'll have one too.