Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #749516

Subject: "To my surprise, this was pretty boring " Previous topic | Next topic
Tiger Woods
Member since Feb 15th 2004
18409 posts
Sun Dec-10-23 03:41 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "To my surprise, this was pretty boring "
In response to In response to 0
Sun Dec-10-23 03:50 PM by Tiger Woods

My wife and I went to the tour in July. It was a joyous freak party. The vibe was so positive, the outfits were so outlandish and creative. Above all, it was just so FUN. It was really one of the best concerts I’ve ever been to. Fun fun fun.

This movie isn’t very fun. Every time the concert gets going there’s a 10 minute aside from Beyonce insisting that she’s just as normal as us, that she’s working her ass off, that she’s a protective mother. It’s a drag man. The overwhelming energy of the tour is almost absent from this flick completely. And anytime it gets going she halts her own momentum with the navel gazing documentary shit.

Beyonce is sorta like Brady or Lebron to me at this point…so exceptional at performance and so corny at every thing else. This movie is at times as cringe-inducing as Brady’s Hertz commercials or Lebron only ever reading the first page of a book.

This should’ve been two separate projects- a Netflix special on the making of and a concert film for theaters. In trying to do it both ways she never really finds liftoff. It makes sense when the credits roll and you learn she was her own Director, producer, and editor. It feels like a movie put together by someone who has no film editing chops, because she has no film editing chops. Huge disappointment.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

RENAISSANCE: A FILM BY BEYONCÉ (Beyoncé, 2023) [View all] , handle, Thu Nov-30-23 12:58 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
has she directed for other people?
Nov 30th 2023
this comment directly aligns with the content of the film...
Dec 03rd 2023
      the trolling was worth it for the review. thank you.
Dec 03rd 2023
I wanted more of the making of the show.
Dec 03rd 2023
just checked local theatres
Dec 07th 2023
Just got back. I enjoyed it.
Dec 09th 2023
I did feel like the back and forth took away some of the fun
Dec 11th 2023

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #749516 Previous topic | Next topic