Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #743556

Subject: "Help me with my theory, the "Glenn Line" in TV & Film" Previous topic | Next topic
Buddy_Gilapagos
Charter member
49419 posts
Wed Feb-09-22 09:40 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Help me with my theory, the "Glenn Line" in TV & Film"

My theory is that a film, but more likely a long running TV show, can be dark and even kill fan-favorite characters up until they cross the Glenn Line (killing that one or two beloved/invested characters) but once you cross the Glenn Line, you lose your audience.

Of course this theory is sparked by TWD. I feel like there was a massive fan falloff for this show once they killed the Glenn character (does this post need a spoiler alert for old shows)?

Game of Thrones was famous for killing off beloved characters, but they never cross the Glenn Line because they never killed Ayra Starks (would Jon Snow be considered a Glenn Line character)*.

Anyway this theory of the GLenn Line character came up because I am recommending a show to people which is super dark and they killing all sorts of characters but in my mind I had established Glenn Line Characters and this show never cross the Glenn Line.

Anyway, for this theory to work I need more examples of shows/movies that cross the Glenn Line. Anyone got any more examples?

*GoT did in a way cross a sort Glenn Line for a lot of people by turning one of their favorite characters into a villain but that's a variation of the Glenn Line for later.

"Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the face. Then they don't have a plan anymore." (c) Mike Tyson

"what's a leader if he isn't reluctant"

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Help me with my theory, the "Glenn Line" in TV & Film [View all] , Buddy_Gilapagos, Wed Feb-09-22 09:40 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
I think it's less about Glenn and more about the survivors, tbh.
Feb 09th 2022
Sansa was a weird one to thread
Feb 09th 2022
I think they could've drawn it out less, lol.
Feb 09th 2022
I hear you and I think its all related.
Feb 14th 2022
      wow, didn't know this
Feb 14th 2022
           It would've been really interesting to see how that played in public
Feb 14th 2022
                Man it would have been a whole different movie
Feb 15th 2022
I don't think Arya was the line in GoT
Feb 09th 2022
Yeah I know it was Tyrion for some people.
Feb 15th 2022
Boardwalk Empire is a contender
Feb 14th 2022
IMO, Glenn's death has served the show quite qell.
Feb 14th 2022
My uninformed counter
Feb 15th 2022

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #743556 Previous topic | Next topic