Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #742370

Subject: "Jill Scott doesn't play Michael Landon. " Previous topic | Next topic
Airbreed
Charter member
29433 posts
Mon Nov-08-21 03:29 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "Jill Scott doesn't play Michael Landon. "
In response to In response to 0
Mon Nov-08-21 03:33 PM by Airbreed

Landon played an Angel named Jonathan Smith in the original series.

Jill Scott is playing a different Angel named Angela in this "reboot", which is actually a second attempt to revive the series. The first attempt ( a few years ago) was mostly a fail because they tried to put a harder edge to the stories. And the audiences weren't feeling it at all.

The difference here is, Cindy Landon and the Landon estate gave Lifetime the green light to go with this new version of the series with Jill Scott. And Cindy landon is the exec. producer with Jill with this show.

So this one is more or less a continuation of the original, but with a different Angel played by Jill. Time will tell if Jonathan Smith or Mark Gordon will be mentioned in this new iteration.

I sat with his show last night and it's not too bad. It's a Lifetime show with the expected milquetoast themes and dialogue. But after watching it, I think this is definitely in Jill Scott's wheelhouse as an Actor.

I'll probably sit with again to see how it'll flesh out.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Jill Scott plays Michael Landon in the "Highway To Heaven Reboot" (Life... [View all] , handle, Wed Oct-20-21 12:17 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
I love Jill but this sounds fucking terrible.
Oct 20th 2021
Literal Magical Negro Series.
Oct 22nd 2021
      touched by an Angle, part 2
Oct 22nd 2021
      i had this exact thought
Oct 26th 2021
Why would SHE take this role?
Oct 26th 2021
Sometimes, there's money in shit (c) Cousin Brian
Oct 27th 2021
Live, Laugh, Love: The Movie