Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #741359

Subject: "Here's why I'm not into this movie yet" Previous topic | Next topic
BigWorm
Charter member
10385 posts
Wed May-19-21 07:59 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
4. "Here's why I'm not into this movie yet"
In response to In response to 0

I'll probably watch it, but my problem is this:

The reason I liked the original Carnage story arc was that it put a superhero with strict morals (Spidey) against one with warped morals (Venom) and one with no morals (Carnage). Spiderman is what grounded it all. It was an ultimate "enemy of my enemy..." story.

Take Spidey out of the equation and it doesn't feel much more exciting than that final CGI battle at the end of the first Venom.

Couple that with the fact that Venom is more like Brock's wacky roommate and not a menacing force of hatred, and really the only thing I'm interested in is how much Harrelson's going to ham it up.

I still kind of think that the only reason the first Venom was a hit was that it wasn't Spiderman 3. If we hadn't already gotten a taste of just how bad Hollywood can fumble that character, Venom would have tanked hard. It's not a good movie.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Venom: Let There Be Carnage (Andy Serkis, 2021) [View all] , bwood, Mon May-10-21 09:25 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
It's whatever, I'm just here for the Eddie/Venom odd couple
May 11th 2021
^^^^^^^
May 11th 2021
I dunno, man. This doesn't really get me hyped
May 11th 2021
I think Eddie trying to tame Venom's worst instincts works
May 19th 2021
RE: Venom: Let There Be Carnage (Andy Serkis, 2021)
May 25th 2021
The pros and cons are about equal.
Oct 02nd 2021
Agreed on all accounts
Dec 18th 2021

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #741359 Previous topic | Next topic