Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #740798

Subject: "Exactly my summary" Previous topic | Next topic
obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8750 posts
Thu May-06-21 07:04 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
7. "Exactly my summary"
In response to In response to 6

The first half was really good. I thought it jumped off the rails when 'Frankie' forgot to get the passports. *so, you're smart enough to know to get the hell away, but you don't remember to pack passports? really?*

I know I was supposed to pull for her, but I wanted Dinklage to kill her. Granted the bad guy was a human trafficker but I thought there was nothing redeeming about Pike's character. When she escaped, I didn't have much motivation to root for her.

Then there was the revenge plan. Which may have made sense, but when would they have had time to set all of this up. And two, how did Frankie get those bodies in and out of the SUV? The one dude had to be at least 270 pounds. If Frankie weighed 140, that's being generous.

The first twist between Dinklage and Pike was interesting. I don't know if it made up for the poor writing up until then, but I didn't mind it.

The final twist was just stupid. My sister said, so, Pike's karma comes back to her but the human trafficker gets to live??

But the performances were great all around. Kind of wished this movie had better oversight because there was a good idea in there.

<--- Me when my head hits the pillow

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

I Care a Lot (Blakeson, 2021, Netflix) [View all] , Reeq, Mon Feb-22-21 07:24 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
All the actors were fine, but I couldn’t get into it...
Feb 22nd 2021
Wasted a solid premise...
Feb 22nd 2021
3rd act fell all the way apart.....
Feb 22nd 2021
[(Better Call Saul + Breaking Bad S4) x '30s pulp] + heaping trash
Feb 26th 2021
out of all the pathetically awful things about this waste of time
Feb 27th 2021
There's a good movie in here somewhere (spoilers)
Mar 09th 2021
      someone said this movie feels like an AI made it
May 07th 2021
           RE:
May 07th 2021

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #740798 Previous topic | Next topic