Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #740473

Subject: "man so i've been on a lot of shit" Previous topic | Next topic
BrooklynWHAT
Member since Jun 15th 2007
85002 posts
Wed Feb-03-21 02:34 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "man so i've been on a lot of shit"
In response to In response to 0
Wed Feb-03-21 02:40 PM by BrooklynWHAT

Black Clover - man listen. I used to catch eps of this on Toonami late at night and thought I was the wackest shit ever. Asta yells too much. the grimoire shit seemed stupid. but over quarantine I just wanted something long as hell to watch, and 120 some odd episodes later??? whew this shit is a personal favorite. you can tell this shit was really meticulously plotted from the jump instead of winging it.

Jujutsu Kaisen - speaks for itself. the most fire shit out rn. like Yu Yu Hakusho, with the good parts of Naruto thrown in. waiting until this season ends to pick up the manga.

Tower of God from last season was fun. I read the webcomic as the show aired and they made some weird decisions on what to remove and how to structure the show, but they have some good material to work with coming up

God of High School was another fun one. I'm glad I read the webcomic after though, because the show is very different. It feels like there are whole chunks of episodes missing to provide some neccesary context and relationship building. But I can't act like the shit wasn't fun even if they did botch the adaptation.

Kengan Ashura on netflix was good mindless fun over the summer Reminded me of Tekken except if there was no game to adapt it from

Baki newest season was great. Finally got to see some Yujiro action.

Re:Zero - I watched like the first 17 eps of Season 1 and had to tap out. too much despair and hard times lol. Especially episode 15. I think my jaw was on the floor for a good 20 mins after that ended. It's a good show if you can handle that but I like my anime more consistently fun.

rewatching Kekkai Sensen (Blood Blockade Battlefront). i feel like i didn't know when it was airing that the Trigun creator made this, but that makes a ton of sense. 2 of the main party are basically if you split Wolfwood into a man and a woman

rewatching Yu Yu Hakusho w/ a friend that typically hates shonen has given me an even greater appreciation for it

rewatching Kuroko's Basketball...i hate how flat Netflix dubs are. hoping they step it up a bit for Season 2 where the matches really pick up.

waiting patiently for JoJo Stone Ocean, the final arc of Bleach, the Shaman King remake, Demon Slayer season 2, as well as a good rip of the Demon Slayer movie. there's watchable camrips out but i'm holding out as long as i can.

holding off on reading Chainsaw Man now that I know there's an anime coming.

My Hero Academia is washed as hell. I keep up w/ the plot points but I don't like where it's going at all.

and then Persona 5 is basically anime. I'm about half through that. I doubt I'll finish it before Strikers drops though because I'm already like 55 hrs in.

the pandemic really brought the weeb back out of me.

<--- Big Baller World Order

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Anime: 2021 [View all] , hardware, Sat Jan-23-21 03:00 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Jujutsu Kaisen & Sk8 Infinity...
Feb 02nd 2021
I couldnt make it past 5 eps of Black Clover
Feb 12th 2021
Bookmark
Feb 10th 2021
This web novel trend...
Mar 05th 2021
Not a big anime head but I watched and enjoyed Gen:Lock
Mar 05th 2021
Just started World Trigger....
Mar 05th 2021
Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 finally out
Mar 08th 2021
Persona 5 Royal! (yes its not anime but its basically interactive anime)
Mar 12th 2021
Now you can pick up P5 Strikers
Mar 14th 2021
i would not change one single think about P5R
Apr 06th 2021
Demon Slayer movie is one of the best anime flicks I've seen
Apr 01st 2021
just finished season 1 and 2 of Dr. Stone
Jul 27th 2021
I LOVE this show, but I want a dub!
Jul 30th 2021
anyone watching Sonny Boy?