Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #739551

Subject: "Barry "F-ing" Jenkins to direct 'Lion King' follow-up (CNN link)" Previous topic | Next topic
obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8751 posts
Fri Oct-02-20 05:27 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Barry "F-ing" Jenkins to direct 'Lion King' follow-up (CNN link)"

Yes, the darling of modern American cinema is getting a Disney picture.

Apparently, Film Twitter isn't embracing this. But Black filmmakers rarely get a chance to work period, much less on a major studio film that's probably going to be Disney's tentpole movie of that season.

If Barry makes Transformers reboots and Todd Phillips produced bro-comedies for the rest of his career, he gave us Moonlight and Beale Street. His legacy is secure off of those movies alone.

I actually think it's a good choice since his movies have a sense of genuineness and sincerity. Two qualities that ought to work in a children's movie.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/29/entertainment/barry-jenkins-lion-king/index.html

<--- Me when my head hits the pillow

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Barry "F-ing" Jenkins to direct 'Lion King' follow-up (CNN link) [View all] , obsidianchrysalis, Fri Oct-02-20 05:27 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Barry "F-ing" Jenkins to direct 'Lion King' follow-up (CNN link)
Oct 02nd 2020
If I recall from a Deadline article the movie will be related to the OG
Oct 03rd 2020
      RE: If I recall from a Deadline article the movie will be related to the...
Oct 03rd 2020
Good for him. More excited for him bringing us a s03 of The Knick
Oct 06th 2020
that's what I'm talking about
Oct 06th 2020

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #739551 Previous topic | Next topic