Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #739172

Subject: "This was great, feel me?" Previous topic | Next topic
navajo joe
Member since Apr 13th 2005
6569 posts
Thu Aug-13-20 09:10 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "This was great, feel me?"
In response to In response to 0
Thu Aug-13-20 09:16 AM by navajo joe

Thanks so much for the recommendation. I totally saw this purely off your recommendation and was not disappointed.

It's not perfect and probably needed better modulation of its quieter moments and the non-stop energy of the first half which is a lot of characters yelling at each other. That said, it's funny as shit and really sweet.

TJ is a great character because he's not a buffoon. He's smart, he's talented, he's hard-working and he loves his family but he also just can't put it together and his hemmed up in a system designed to give him no breaks and no real second chances.

Regina Hall is a comedy god. There relationship in the film is one we rarely see, two people with a history and an attraction but also a deep friendship. Their initial job hunt and the way they go from antagonizing each other to having a great time together was so sweet.

Tami, his mom and his nephew are all fantastic.

This should become a low-key cult classic. There are so many fucking quotables that i can't wait to slip into casual conversation.

-------------------------------

A lot of you players ain't okay.

We would have been better off with an okaycivics board instead of an okayactivist board

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Tijuana Jackson: Purpose Over Prison (Malco, 2020) [View all] , Original Juice, Wed Aug-05-20 02:03 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
cool... waiting to resubscribe to amazon next month
Aug 05th 2020
Really enjoyed it
Aug 13th 2020
On the low, this could be a classic hood joint
Mar 15th 2021
Creep through the hood with my drop top, gangsta on the sideline
Mar 17th 2021

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #739172 Previous topic | Next topic