Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #739172

Subject: "Tijuana Jackson: Purpose Over Prison (Malco, 2020)" Previous topic | Next topic
Original Juice
Member since Oct 03rd 2007
2578 posts
Wed Aug-05-20 02:03 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Tijuana Jackson: Purpose Over Prison (Malco, 2020)"

Rented this the other night on Amazon Prime and watched with my wife.

Romany Malco is really flexing his full creative energy on this. He wrote, produced, directed, edited, starred in, and soundtracked this comedy and did it all very well, I thought. I think he put himself in a position to really display his strengths and live up to the potential he showed in movies like The 40-Year Old Virgin.

Filmed in the mockumentary style of The Office or Parks & Rec. It's about a repeat offender, in and out of prison who aspires to be a motivational speaker.

Nice supporting cast as well. Regina Hall plays his childhood friend and P.O. The kid who plays his nephew was really good, too.

I'd say it's worth the rental price to support this entirely independent movie produced outside of the Hollywood system as it is very entertaining. A lot of memorable lines and truly funny moments that accentuate a story with a lot of heart and positive energy.

He even raps his ass off on about half of the songs on the soundtrack. I don't think I have heard him even rap since his College Boyz days (unless the MC Hammer television biopic counts).

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Tijuana Jackson: Purpose Over Prison (Malco, 2020) [View all] , Original Juice, Wed Aug-05-20 02:03 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
cool... waiting to resubscribe to amazon next month
Aug 05th 2020
This was great, feel me?
Aug 13th 2020
Really enjoyed it
Aug 13th 2020
On the low, this could be a classic hood joint
Mar 15th 2021
Creep through the hood with my drop top, gangsta on the sideline
Mar 17th 2021

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #739172 Previous topic | Next topic