Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #737317

Subject: "Free Next Day Shipping to 1300 Worlds - The Expanse Season 4 (2019)" Previous topic | Next topic
poetx
Charter member
58856 posts
Tue Dec-17-19 08:14 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Free Next Day Shipping to 1300 Worlds - The Expanse Season 4 (2019)"

Thanks Bezos. You're horrible on many counts, but good looking out for saving The Expanse.

Season 4 Now available on Amazon Prime Video, after Seasons 1 - 3 were on SyFy.

If you've never seen the series, this is a good place to hop on, as this planet colonizing saga is kind of a standalone even in the books.

Production values are up (and they were good on SyFy), but this is gorgeous to look at. If you liked GoT (before they bammed it up), this is similar in structure as it tells multiple, complex and interwoven stories. The primary factions are Earthers, Martians and Belters. Earth runs the OG solar system. Mars is a colony that has been around for years and rivals Earth in military power, and the Belt refers to the people who have lived for generations in near zero gee, doing the grunt work of maintaining a nascent extra-planetary civilization, via mining in the asteroid belt on on the moons of planets.

In the end of Season 3, a long dormant bit of ancient alien biological technology (referred to as the protomolecule) awakens and builds a gate to multiple (1300 or so) other solar systems.

So humankind gets a boost, upending hundreds of years of politics and planning. (Martians live underground with a single minded focus on terraforming the next available planet into something habitable and prosperous, but now there are hundreds of habitable planets within reach, where none of that is necessary.

very well done both in writing and translation to the small screen. some cool characters, too.

peace & blessings,

x.

www.twitter.com/poetx

=========================================
I'm an advocate for working smarter, not harder. If you just
focus on working hard you end up making someone else rich and
not having much to show for it. (c) mad

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Free Next Day Shipping to 1300 Worlds - The Expanse Season 4 (2019) [View all] , poetx, Tue Dec-17-19 08:14 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Do yourself a favor and watch the 4K version if possible.
Dec 17th 2019
good looks. didn't realize that.
Dec 18th 2019
Thank you for the simple synopsis
Dec 18th 2019
yeah. they actually have had a good amount of exposition in the 1st
Dec 19th 2019
3 episodes in, thoughts:
Dec 20th 2019
it keeps bobbie in the mix, though. i don't remember specifically, but
Dec 21st 2019
How does this compare to Battlestar Galactica?
Dec 20th 2019
i never watched it so i can't call it. nm
Dec 21st 2019
better imo and I loved first few seasons of bsg
Dec 21st 2019
we rescued a pit mix mutt a few years ago and named him Amos
Dec 20th 2019
he's my favorite character, too, by far. if you fool w/ Amos you should
Dec 21st 2019
      thanks for the rec
Jan 04th 2020
Finally finished, good, not great