Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #736186

Subject: "RE: did Jesus Walks really shake America? I always skip that track" Previous topic | Next topic
howisya
Member since Nov 09th 2002
39983 posts
Fri Oct-11-19 02:15 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "RE: did Jesus Walks really shake America? I always skip that track"
In response to In response to 2

>& Never Let Me Down. Not even trying to be TOKPR but why that
>song...why not Through The Wire?

watch the show! but i know what you mean, i was thinking the same. yes, it was a single, but it's not my favorite either. i liked it, but now i appreciate it even more. i think "through the wire" could have been interesting for a few minutes, delving into the sample and the backstory behind the song, but to fit the runtime of the episode it'd have to be a de facto early kanye bio. this episode covered that but kept it in context of the song, which has enough layers to easily fill the hour. so if you are interested in that era of kanye and the roc then this episode is worth watching regardless of its exact focus. that said, the song sounded fresh to me after not listening for a few years, and it kind of has an edge to it.

>Anyway....I'll watch the Elevators and Alright episodes for
>sure.

"elevators" should be good and i hope a nice complement to the organized noize doc of a few years back.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

okayplayer has a show (kinda) - hip hop: the songs that shook america [View all] , howisya, Wed Oct-02-19 02:50 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
*bookmarks*
Oct 02nd 2019
did Jesus Walks really shake America? I always skip that track
Oct 11th 2019
not that good of a song
Oct 15th 2019
Episode one is free download from iTunes
Oct 13th 2019

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #736186 Previous topic | Next topic