Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #732470

Subject: "What would have become of the Phoenix brothers (Joaquin & River) " Previous topic | Next topic
obsidianchrysalis
Member since Jan 29th 2003
8747 posts
Mon Nov-05-18 09:00 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"What would have become of the Phoenix brothers (Joaquin & River) "

Reading the most post about the role Joaquin great portrayal as a man with PTSD type symptoms made me reflect on how great of an actor his is but also how his career would rank next to River's.

I don't remember much about River outside his acclaim of his work and it's illustration of his potential. From my understanding he was thought to be a peer of Leo's, maybe a bit better.

He tied tragically and what could have been is all we can ask now. But River was thought to be the better actor between the two brothers.

If Joaquin was the lesser brother and was able to win an Oscar, how high up into the realm of great actors could River have climbed?

Would he have wen't Leo's more Hollywood route to acclaim or would he have been someone more like Johnny Depp, an actor who valued difficult work over commercial work?

It's all conjecture at this point but I thought it was worth bringing up.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

What would have become of the Phoenix brothers (Joaquin & River) [View all] , obsidianchrysalis, Mon Nov-05-18 09:00 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Leo came later...
Nov 06th 2018
RE: Leo came later...
Nov 07th 2018
yeah, he's more a peer of Depp and Keanu
Nov 06th 2018
RE: yeah, he's more a peer of Depp and Keanu
Nov 07th 2018
I'm sure the weirdness of Joaquin doesn't happen, but otherwise
Nov 06th 2018
RE: I'm sure the weirdness of Joaquin doesn't happen, but otherwise
Nov 07th 2018
Weird take - if River Phoenix doesn’t die, does Matt Damon happen?
Nov 07th 2018
RE: Weird take - if River Phoenix doesn’t die, does Matt Damon happen?
Nov 07th 2018
yes
Nov 08th 2018

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #732470 Previous topic | Next topic