Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #732105

Subject: "funny, I thought the book was more tragic than scary" Previous topic | Next topic
BigWorm
Charter member
10385 posts
Thu Feb-07-19 02:47 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "funny, I thought the book was more tragic than scary"
In response to In response to 7

And I read it as a kid. Looking back on it, I appreciated more as a story how far a man will go to save his family from mortality, and the dark consequences.

Evil cat, evil boy, all that shit didn't really scare me. Although I was kind of impressed/disturbed at how well King developed his characters, only to kill them off. Like, you really want everyone to make it out alive and them.

But I'm into it. I dig this Stephen King cinematic revival going on. I only wonder if they can really play up the emotional/psychological element to it, since by today's horror standards the body count is a little low. I feel like they have to hit a Hereditary level of creepiness to make this work.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Pet Sematary (Kevin Kölsch, Dennis Widmyer, 2019) [View all] , j0510, Wed Oct-10-18 08:22 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Trailer doesn't give me much hope
Oct 11th 2018
The misspelling is intentional
Oct 11th 2018
      your name is misspelled
Oct 11th 2018
      I was just kidding, but I am impressed at how polite your response was
Oct 11th 2018
I have high hopes for this
Oct 12th 2018
Pet Sematary (2019) - Trailer 2