Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #720981

Subject: "Ben Travers gives the final season an 'A+'..." Previous topic | Next topic
wallysmith
Charter member
7808 posts
Wed Apr-05-17 07:57 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
8. "Ben Travers gives the final season an 'A+'..."
In response to In response to 0

When releasing the season for reviewers, Lindelof took the unusual step of revealing most of the season (all except the finale). I think this is the first review released so far.

Very minor thematic spoilers for S2, but a few passages are copied below:

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/04/the-leftovers-season-3-review-final-masterpiece-1201801201/

‘The Leftovers’ Review: Season 3 Pushes The Best Show on Television to Evocative New Heights

Damon Lindelof and Tom Perrotta's final season is a masterpiece more in tune with the moment than anything you'll see this year.

Season 3 is no less than a coup, wrapping up a wild narrative with ambitious new threads and honing in on each character’s fundamental spiritual and psychological beliefs. This final round with the Garvey family is designed to evoke powerful emotional reactions; you’re as likely to startle your dog from cathartic laughter as you are from open sobbing, all within the course of an hour.

This is a cumulative story, and it’s designed to be a cumulative viewing experience. Standalone episodes and arcs are a glimpse of the full story’s power, but dedicated study of both prior seasons will amplify your appreciation of the new year.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

If you tapped out of The Leftovers S1... [View all] , wallysmith, Mon Apr-03-17 06:25 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Agreed loved Season 2 but I wasn't feeling season 1 and
Apr 03rd 2017
before i knew anything about the creators "this reminds me of LOST" -me
Apr 05th 2017
      Yeah I never watched Lost...
Apr 05th 2017
           no 2 ways about it, it was really ill-conceived and then poorly executed
Apr 05th 2017
                Correct me if I'm wrong...
Apr 05th 2017
Anything we can do to get people to watch
Apr 04th 2017
this is a good idea
Apr 04th 2017
rewatched the first two seasons recently
Apr 07th 2017

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #720981 Previous topic | Next topic