Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #716096

Subject: "The Girl on the Train (Taylor, 2016)" Previous topic | Next topic
SoulHonky
Member since Jan 21st 2003
25919 posts
Sat Oct-01-16 03:05 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"The Girl on the Train (Taylor, 2016)"

Caught a screening of this last night. It's a solid pulp thriller that was carried by the acting, especially Emily Blunt.

I didn't read the book but it definitely felt like an adaptation that was trying to capture the book but didn't exactly succeed. The film opens and you get three vantage points from the three women, complete with titles introducing each woman but then that element pretty much goes away. It's replaced by a fractured timeline that confused me. Not enough to take me out of the film but there was probably a better way to handle the flashbacks.

I spent most of the film trying to place how I knew Rebecca Ferguson. When the credits came up and I saw her name I realized she was from Mission: Impossible. Impressive job by her as she played a completely different character. (Although I felt like her and Luke Evans let their accents slip a few times.)

It's only 100 minutes but I'd say it's probably best as a rental. I was along for the ride but never really engrossed in the movie.

----
NBA MOCK DRAFT #1 - https://thecourierclass.com/whole-shebang/2017/5/18/2017-nba-mock-draft-1-just-lotto-and-lotta-trades

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

The Girl on the Train (Taylor, 2016) [View all] , SoulHonky, Sat Oct-01-16 03:05 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Already a post boss
Oct 01st 2016

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #716096 Previous topic | Next topic