Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #715979

Subject: "Widows (McQueen, 2017)" Previous topic | Next topic
SoulHonky
Member since Jan 21st 2003
25919 posts
Tue Sep-27-16 03:05 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Widows (McQueen, 2017)"

It's not my Set It Off remake but it's close. Steve McQueen is teaming with Viola Davis to make a film based on the British show "Widows".

I'm in.

---

Variety reports that Davis is the first actress to board the film, which comes from a script by McQueen and Gone Girl‘s Gillian Flynn. The story centers on four widows who come together to finish a robbery after their crooked husbands are killed on the job. The other three leads call for one black woman, one white woman, and one Latina woman, but they have yet to be cast. However, Jennifer Lawrence was “approached” to take a part, but she had to pass due to scheduling conflicts.
Set in a modern-day American city, New Regency’s Brad Weston has said, “Steve was interested in doing his own version of a gangster film. It felt fresh to him to combine a contemporary, hard-hitting, very grounded gangster movie with four strong female characters. We loved it because that’s who Steve is. He sees things differently.” He added, “This project gives him the commercial jumping-off point, but then allows him to twist it into a Steve McQueen film.”

https://thefilmstage.com/news/viola-davis-to-lead-steve-mcqueens-heist-thriller-widows/

----
NBA MOCK DRAFT #1 - https://thecourierclass.com/whole-shebang/2017/5/18/2017-nba-mock-draft-1-just-lotto-and-lotta-trades

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Widows (McQueen, 2017) [View all] , SoulHonky, Tue Sep-27-16 03:05 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
In
Sep 27th 2016
way way in. mcqueen's batting 1.000 in my book.
Sep 27th 2016
this can't come soon enough
Oct 02nd 2016
In because of McQueen (obviously) but the premise sounds weak...
Oct 05th 2016
Casting news.
Feb 24th 2017
i'm there
Feb 25th 2017

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #715979 Previous topic | Next topic