Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #715138

Subject: "‘Y: The Last Man’ Pilot Casts Diane Lane With Barry Keoghan Set as Y..." Previous topic | Next topic
j0510
Member since Feb 02nd 2012
2315 posts
Wed Jul-11-18 02:40 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
26. "‘Y: The Last Man’ Pilot Casts Diane Lane With Barry Keoghan Set as Y..."
In response to In response to 18

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/y-the-last-man-fx-cast-diane-lane-barry-keoghan-yorick-1202870615/

‘Y: The Last Man’ Pilot Casts Diane Lane With Barry Keoghan Set as Yorick
By JOE OTTERSON
JULY 11, 2018 11:30AM PT

FX’s “Y: The Last Man” pilot has set its main cast.

Diane Lane has signed on to star in the drama series pilot, which is simply titled “Y,” along with Barry Keoghan, Imogen Poots, Lashana Lynch, Juliana Canfield and Marin Ireland.

Based on DC Comics’ acclaimed series by Brian K. Vaughan and Pia Guerra, the project traverses a post-apocalyptic world in which a cataclysmic event has decimated every male mammal save for one lone human. The new world order of women will explore gender, race, class and survival.

Keoghan will play Yorick Brown, the main character from the graphic novels on which the show is based. He is described as a young man quick to use humor to deflect from his problems who may be the lone male survivor of a worldwide plague.

Keoghan is known for his roles in films like Yorgos Lanthimos’ “The Killing of a Sacred Deer” and Christopher Nolan’s “Dunkirk.” Both roles earned him a spot on Variety’s “10 Actors to Watch” for 2017. He is repped by WME, Management 360, and Troika.

Poots will play Hero Brown, Yorick’s sister. She is a tough and confident EMT who nurses a deep emotional trauma that often leads her to cross personal and professional lines.

Poots broke out in the film “28 Weeks Later,” and has gone on to star in films like “Green Room,” “Knight of Cups,” and “I Kill Giants.” Her television credits include Showtime’s “Roadies,” BBC’s “Miss Austen Regrets,” and BBC’s “Christopher and His Kind.” She is repped by CAA and Troika.

Lane will star as Senator Jennifer Brown, Yorick and Hero’s mother. A Junior Senator in her first term, Senator Brown has already made a name for herself in political circles for her willingness to put personal ideals above politics.

Lane is an Academy Award known for her roles in films like “Unfaithful,” “Under the Tuscan Sun,” “Chaplin,” “Hollywoodland,” “Nights in Rodanthe,” “Trumbo” and more. Lane’s current projects include a co-starring role in the sixth and final season of “House of Cards” and Matthew Weiner’s “The Romanoffs” for Amazon. She is repped by UTA.

Lynch will play Agent 355, a Secret Service agent who performs the duties of her job with the utmost professionalism, even under the most unexpected set of circumstances. Lynch recently secured a role in the upcoming Marvel film “Captain Marvel.” Previously, she was seen in the lead role of Shonda Rhimes’ ABC show “Still Star-Crossed” and also appears as a lead in the miniseries “Bulletproof” airing later this year. She is repped by ICM, Alan Siegel Entertainment, and BWH Agency.

Canfield will play Beth. A Brooklyn-based knife maker, Beth grew up on a farm and went to New York to experience the big city. She finds something endearing about the hapless Yorick and when they’re together, there’s the undeniable spark of two kids in love. Canfield currently appears in a recurring role on the HBO series “Succession.” She holds an MFA from the Yale School of Drama. She is repped by ICM and Brookside Management.

Finally, Ireland will play Nora, the President’s senior assistant and right hand. She effortlessly balances family life with a job navigating the corridors of power. Ireland has appeared in shows like “Sneaky Pete,” “Girls,” “Homeland,” “Masters of Sex,” and “The Slap.” Most recently she was seen in the Lifetime movie “Flint,” about the Flint water crisis, playing activist Melissa Mays. She is repped by ICM and Untitled Entertainment.

Michael Green and Aida Mashaka Croal are set to serve as co-showrunners on the project, and will executive produce alongside Nina Jacobson and Brad Simpson of Color Force. Vaughan will also executive produce. Melina Matsoukas will direct the pilot and also serve as an executive producer.

An adaptation of “Y: The Last Man” has long been in the works. It was originally set up as a film before FX acquired the rights to develop it as a series. The cabler ordered the project to pilot back in April.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Pitch a book series or author you'd like to see adapted to TV [View all] , Cold Truth, Tue Aug-23-16 03:06 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Also, a Stephen King Anthology series would be dope.
Aug 23rd 2016
Martian Time Slip by Philip K Dick for HBO
Aug 23rd 2016
Callahan's Crosstime Saloon
Aug 23rd 2016
I've always been disappointed His Dark Materials was mismanaged
Aug 23rd 2016
Seems like even HBO can’t get it right as a series
Feb 06th 2020
Helen Oyeyemi - The Icarus Girl
Sep 10th 2016
The Gaiman's Sandman Series, Asimov's Foundation
Sep 13th 2016
The Inheritance Trilogy would be a great anime
Sep 13th 2016
Malazan: Book of the Fallen
Sep 14th 2016
I'd love a better try at the utterly junkfood-y "Dresden Files"
Sep 14th 2016
Interesting pick. I'd prefer "Hard Magic" over that one personally
Sep 14th 2016
      I don't know that one
Sep 14th 2016
           It's fantastic, but I actually have better reccomendations.
Sep 14th 2016
                Thanks!
Sep 16th 2016
                     Dope! I hope you enjoy them. CG is standalone
Sep 16th 2016
Easy Rawlings Series
Sep 14th 2016
Still mad the film series didn't kick off
Sep 22nd 2016
my only trepidation with this is...who plays Mouse????
Sep 22nd 2016
Fearless Jones or Socrates Fortlow
Feb 05th 2019
Scalped
Sep 14th 2016
Still my answer. Seems to be stuck in developmental hell. n/m
Jul 16th 2018
RE: Pitch a book series or author you'd like to see adapted to TV
Sep 18th 2016
Y: The Last Man
Sep 22nd 2016
Came in here to post that. I thought Keanu Reeves
Sep 22nd 2016
FUCK YEAH!
Jul 13th 2018
FX Orders ‘Y: The Last Man’ Pilot
Apr 05th 2018
YES!!!
Jul 13th 2018
'Y: The Last Man' Ordered to Series at FX
Feb 05th 2019
PLEASE DONT SCREW THIS UP....
Feb 05th 2019
Y: The Last Man Showrunners Exit FX Adaptation Due to Creative Differenc...
Apr 15th 2019
‘Y: The Last Man’ Recasting Lead Role of Yorick as Barry Keoghan Exi...
Feb 06th 2020
would LOVE to see kavalier+clay and YPU HBO mini series style
Sep 22nd 2016
Alan Moore's wildCATS
Sep 23rd 2016
The Quaker City
Sep 23rd 2016
David Baldacci's Camel Club Series
Jul 11th 2018
100 bullets.
Jul 13th 2018
I want HBO to do this one so badly....