Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #715110

Subject: "Don't Think Twice (Birbiglia, 2016)" Previous topic | Next topic
will_5198
Charter member
63113 posts
Tue Aug-23-16 12:32 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Don't Think Twice (Birbiglia, 2016)"

I’ve never seen any of Birbiglia’s work and know next to nothing about improv, but this is a fantastic, lovable film about holding on to a moment in life. and when to let go.

the characters here are a sort of “Inside Out” for struggling artists, with each improv member representing a different personality trait. the egoist who steps over his friends to make it. the delusional who can’t see his own talent flaws. the realist worried about complete failure. the procrastinator filled with self-doubt. the hesitant dreamer who loves the way everything is now and wants to keep it that way forever.

there are very few movies that see failure all the way through to the end -- usually the protagonist hits rock bottom, then comes out even better. here it’s confronted head-on. loved that aspect of it, as well as the aforementioned necessity of moving on from a time and place in life. not necessarily moving on, either -- just adapting. because life and friends and goals never stay the same.

on a super limited run right now (100 theaters, I believe) but highly recommended as soon as you have the means to see it.

--------

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Don't Think Twice (Birbiglia, 2016) [View all] , will_5198, Tue Aug-23-16 12:32 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
trailer
Aug 23rd 2016
How did I not post about this? Yeah, I loved it too.
Aug 23rd 2016
Saw this last Thursday and really enjoyed it.
Aug 23rd 2016
Some real life shit with that made me glad that....
Aug 24th 2016
Birbiglia has one of the best standups on Netflix right now
Aug 26th 2016
he is two for two on the movie front
Aug 26th 2016
Liked it even more than Sleepwalk With Me
Aug 29th 2016
Jacobs is really good...
Aug 29th 2016
She was good in Life Partners
Aug 31st 2016
RE: Jacobs is really good...