Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #703299

Subject: "Ant Man and The Wasp coming 2018" Previous topic | Next topic
Marauder21
Charter member
49516 posts
Thu Oct-08-15 11:11 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Ant Man and The Wasp coming 2018"

Fantastic news. I dug the first one and wanted to see more of Hope in the MCU.

Also moves up the release date of Black Panther.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/10/08/marvel-sets-ant-man-and-the-wasp-for-2018

Ant-Man felt like a bit of an orphan; after all the tumult leading up to its release the film was one of the rare Marvel Studios movies to not have a sequel announced. Hell, they announced a sequel to Guardians of the Galaxy a couple of weeks before it opened! Many wondered whether Ant-Man would ever get another big screen solo outing.

The answer is NO! But only because he's sharing the screen with none other than The Winsome Wasp, and they're returning in 2018's Ant-Man and The Wasp. What a great idea! I'm ecstatic about this, and about The Wasp's elevation to a marquee name. This means The Wasp is beating Captain Marvel to 'name in the title' glory by a year. The film will be released on July 6, a prime holiday weekend and once the home of Black Panther.

That's right, this means some of Marvel's other release dates are getting shuffled. Black Panther moves up to an earlier date, February 16, 2018, putting his film in Black History Month. Captain Marvel, meanwhile, hops from November of 2018 to March of 2019 - that film is still coming out between Avengers: Infinity War Parts I and II.

Last month as Marvel was deciding whether to give Ant-Man a sequel I heard that if he got one Peyton Reed would be back, so I expect to get an official announcement of that soon enough. Here's hoping that this film's adventures bring our heroes into the Quantum Realm to rescue Janet Van Dyne - this would not only bring a new kind of weirdness to the MCU but would also get us another female hero, and an older one at that!

Meanwhile, Marvel has also dated their first Phase Four movies, with three unnamed films being released in 2020 - one on May 1, 2020, another on July 10, 2020 and a final one on November 6, 2020. I'm guessing two of these will be Doctor Strange and Spider-Man sequels. Who knows what the third is. Way back on the set of Iron Man 2 Kevin Feige told me his dream was to release a Marvel movie every quarter - it looks like the dream is almost real.

------

12 play and 12 planets are enlighten for all the Aliens to Party and free those on the Sex Planet-maxxx

XBL: trkc21
Twitter: @tyrcasey

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Ant Man and The Wasp coming 2018 [View all] , Marauder21, Thu Oct-08-15 11:11 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Ant-Man' Director Peyton Reed in Negotiations to Return for Sequel
Oct 21st 2015
Didn't realize Ant Man did so well
Oct 21st 2015

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #703299 Previous topic | Next topic