Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #702011

Subject: "Marvel's Most Wanted" Previous topic | Next topic
bwood
Member since Apr 03rd 2006
8613 posts
Fri Aug-21-15 09:27 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Marvel's Most Wanted"

Remember Marvel's Mockingbird? The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. spinoff that ABC decided not to execute on? Well looks like ABC has changed their mind after Daredevil's success and word is both ABC, Marvel and Netflix are extremely happy with Jessica Jones.

In any case I'll gladly swap out A.o.S. for this. Mockingbird and Lance Hunter are really the only two characters I fucks with outside of Coulson.

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2015/08/20/marvels-most-wanted-that-shield-spin-off-show-is-happening-after-all

A few months ago it was reported that ABC would be creating a spin-off of Agents of SHIELD, one focused around SHIELD agents Bobbi 'Mockingbird' Morse and Lance ' ' Hunter, but that idea was quashed before it ever got to the pilot stage. ABC execs said they didn't want to tinker with the formula of SHIELD, which they felt was hitting its stride.

Well, they've changed their mind about tinkering, because the pilot is back on and it has a name: Marvel's Most Wanted. It's weird having the name of the company in there, but at the same time I understand the network wanting to really trumpet that brand connection. I mean, technically Agents of SHIELD is Marvel's Agents of SHIELD but nobody calls it that. I suspect we will call this show Marvel's Most Wanted. Or MMW, as they tend to do online now.

Variety has very confusing info about the show. Here's what they say:

Insiders say the series is not a spinoff, per se, but rather an entirely new project solely focused on the two characters to continue their story. Though plot details are scarce at this point, “Marvel’s Most Wanted” will follow the pair and their adventures together.

I don't know how this doesn't qualify as a spin-off. Like, Mork & Mindy was an entirely new project solely focused on the two characters and continuing their story, but it was still a spin-off from Happy Days, where Mork was introduced in a dream. So if Mork & Mindy, set two decades and in another city and with no references to the original show is a spin-off, so is Marvel's Most Wanted.

The only way I can really parse that explanation is if the show is a prequel, set when Hunter and Morse were married. That would allow the show to exist outside of any Marvel Cinematic Universe business, although why you would want to do that is beyond me.

I like Adrienne Palicki as Mockingbird, and I'll be sad to see her go from the show. Nick Blood, who plays Hunter, has a name that already sounds like a very cool character and they should have just let him be called that in the show. Then you could have named the spin-off Bird and Blood, which I admit also stinks. I'm not entirely sure what will set this show apart from SHIELD, but I guess I'll give it a couple of episodes to sell me, if only for Palicki. That is if it makes it past the pilot.

There is one thing I want out of this show, though. If it's focusing on Mockingbird I want the show to reveal that she and Hawkeye had a thing, many years ago. Before he married his wife and had the kids, before she married Lance Hunter. I want to find out that she's still got this soft spot for Clint Barton. I loved those two as a couple in the comics.

------------------------------------------
America from 9:00 on: https://youtu.be/GUwLCQU10KQ

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Marvel's Most Wanted [View all] , bwood, Fri Aug-21-15 09:27 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
They need to focus on making a good show first before spinning into 2
Aug 21st 2015
Yup, Bobbi was an excellent addition to the show but still
Aug 21st 2015
Na. Fuck that.
Aug 21st 2015
      I'm with you on Mack, that character had so much potentail
Aug 21st 2015
It's stupid, b/c those 2 should stay on AoS, they add that new element.....
Aug 21st 2015
Na nigga. A.o.S. is washed. I don't washness to come over them too.
Aug 21st 2015
Boo. Need more supers on TV
Aug 24th 2015
Marvel's Most not REALLY Wanted... ?
Aug 25th 2015
totally agree
Aug 26th 2015
surprised at the negativity toward AoS
Aug 27th 2015
You can read all of our problems with it here
Aug 28th 2015
funniest part about that post (mild spoiler-y)
Aug 31st 2015
      My disdain of this show making you upset is hilarious.
Aug 31st 2015
           claims he won't watch anymore ...
Aug 31st 2015
                So you know for fact what the fuck I'm gonna do now?
Aug 31st 2015
                     in your own words
Sep 01st 2015
                          So lurking is the same as posting?
Sep 01st 2015
don't try to make sense of it here
Aug 31st 2015
Now you're just making shit up
Aug 31st 2015
its easier to love when youre binging it.
Aug 31st 2015
no its not... at all
Aug 31st 2015
damn!
Sep 01st 2015
      this is normal
Sep 01st 2015
           What's nonsense is you
Sep 01st 2015
                BWood
Sep 02nd 2015
                You need to tell jrocc that shit not me.
Sep 02nd 2015
                LOL
Sep 02nd 2015
                     RE: LOL
Sep 02nd 2015
                          we talked about this already
Sep 03rd 2015
                               I missed that disccusion.
Sep 03rd 2015
Delroy Lindo to co-star *link*
Jan 26th 2016
As a huge Delroy Lindo Fan I'm excited