Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #696206

Subject: "Movie trailers/"Next week on..." previews" Previous topic | Next topic
Frank Longo
Member since Nov 18th 2003
86679 posts
Thu Apr-16-15 02:45 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Poll question: Movie trailers/"Next week on..." previews"

Starting sometime two years ago, I started avoiding trailers for movies that I wanted to see. I found that movie trailers were simply giving away too much of the film, especially since many trailers want to showcase the biggest effects, which usually are in the finale.

So I started simply leaving the theater for trailers, or, if I absolutely needed to, putting in my headphones and playing on my phone until they were done. Looper was the first one that I remember avoiding entirely. Since then, I've avoided here and there... but this year, I'm going all-out. Any movie I know I'm going to see, I'm not going to see a trailer, a commercial, an anything. Furious 7? Nothing. Avengers 2? Nothing. Mad Max? ... okay, I saw that ComiCon teaser from last summer, but otherwise, nothing. Indies by artists I like? Nothing. It's been a mostly trailer-free year so far, and I'm loving it.

Do any of you go out of your way to avoid trailers as well? Do you enjoy trailers, spoilers and all? (I know I used to.) Do you find yourself completely indifferent to the question entirely?

Poll result (18 votes)
I avoid them at all costs. I want to go in fresh. (3 votes)Vote
I avoid them for movies/shows I know I want to see. I'll watch for films/shows that haven't convinced me yet. (8 votes)Vote
I won't go out of my way to see or avoid them. (1 votes)Vote
I love them. Give me as many tastes of what's ahead as possible. (6 votes)Vote

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Movie trailers/"Next week on..." previews [View all] , Frank Longo, Thu Apr-16-15 02:45 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
trycotomy
Apr 16th 2015
I don't avoid "Next week on..." previews for shows
Apr 16th 2015
Spoilers don't actually spoil anything for me.
Apr 16th 2015
Trailers are cool, but I HATE "next week on"
Apr 16th 2015
depends on what it is
Apr 16th 2015
These days, the "Next week on..." previews are comically useless
Apr 16th 2015
I don't know if you follow Mad Men
Apr 16th 2015
      yeah.. it began with Sopranos
Apr 17th 2015
I started cooling off on pre-hype and trailers for movies
Apr 16th 2015
Blue.
Apr 17th 2015
"Next week on..." can FUCK THE FUCK OFF.
Apr 17th 2015
I sometimes like to watch the first, say, 30 seconds of a trailer...
Apr 17th 2015
good question
Apr 18th 2015
I avoid the big 2 minute long trailers
Apr 18th 2015
RE: I avoid the big 2 minute long trailers
Apr 18th 2015

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #696206 Previous topic | Next topic