Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #690318

Subject: "Divergent (Burger, 2014)" Previous topic | Next topic
bwood
Member since Apr 03rd 2006
8615 posts
Sun Dec-21-14 03:37 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Divergent (Burger, 2014)"

Son this shit is convoluted that I did not get what was going on at all. Why did the one faction want to take over? It seemed like their perfect society was working just fine.

The direction is hella bland too.

My brother and I watched this shit on HBO last night and this shit was so telegraphed we called half the fucking movie about 40 minutes in.

Speaking of, this movie gets an hour and some change into the movie before explaining what exactly Divergent is and why that's a bad thing.

Also, in just the first 30 minutes, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAPPENS. That shit is the first 15 minutes of any other movie.

I feel as if Veronica Roth, author of the book series, read The Hunger Games one night and drank a lot of molly water while "writing this". Not only did this seem like a rip-off, but it lacked coherence. I don't know how many times my brother and I asked why this or that was happening or why certain characters had the motivations they did.

This movie is strictly for the people who've read the books.

Like if anyone can tell me what the purpose was for Miles Teller's character was please feel free to explain.

This shit was a setup for the sequel(s) that was uninvolved in telling a story that made sense.

And maybe the book is so dense that they had to fight their battles, but this movie couldn't even spark my interest to at least pick it up and see.

This shit here explains the plot more than the actual movie does: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPUZo3dQSEM

And this shit brings up more problems with the film as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QOn064kKDI

------------------------------------------
America from 9:00 on: https://youtu.be/GUwLCQU10KQ

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Divergent (Burger, 2014) [View all] , bwood, Sun Dec-21-14 03:37 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
The books were a bit better, but this movie was horrible.....
Dec 22nd 2014
RE: Divergent (Burger, 2014)
Dec 22nd 2014
Ugh. Had some moments, but not a fan.
Dec 23rd 2014
Haven't seen it, but my cousin is an extra in the sequel.
Dec 23rd 2014
What's worse is there's some really dope songs wasted on this shit
Dec 23rd 2014
pretty bad stuff all around. made fun of it during the screening
Dec 23rd 2014
Because its 3 books in the series, so this is a trilogy.....
Dec 24th 2014
      tell that to the mortal instruments, beautiful creatures, and percy jax
Dec 24th 2014
holy SHIT this was bad.
Dec 23rd 2014
It's funny you made this post
Dec 25th 2014
watched this on HBO last week too
Dec 28th 2014

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #690318 Previous topic | Next topic