Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #379966

Subject: "RE: Mongol." Previous topic | Next topic
kayohko
Member since Jun 24th 2008
3 posts
Tue Jul-01-08 12:07 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "RE: Mongol."
In response to In response to 0

Beautifully shot? Yes. Well-acted? Yes. Complete story? No... but I say this ONLY if they don't cover certain things in the next two films. To my understanding "Mongol" is just the first of a 2-part saga?

For some reason it appeared that this movie would possess everything needed to indeed make it the "Mongolian Braveheart." However, I felt it lacked certain elements needed to give the audience a more in depth feel of what Temudjin actually accomplished.

****SPOILER ALERT*****

How did he get those thousands and thousands of followers? What happened between his younger years up until he was a teenager/adult? They spent a great deal of time on his younger years, which was definitely needed as an introductory to the film - showing the relationship with his father and how the Mongol tradition works. But Given it was a 2 hr + movie, an extra 15 mins split in half to show A) What he did to gather his army and B) Fill in something about his sword fighting/training/war techniques and strategic development, then it indeed would have been complete and had everything needed to give it that epic "Braveheart" feel, or better yet, title.

**SPOILER OVER*

Nonetheless, it was a beautiful film. Sergei Bodrov did an EXCELLENT job on it's direction and conveying to viewers an informing, thrilling and passionate look into the life of Mongols. I just felt it was incomplete. Perhaps he WILL cover all of what I mentioned aboved in the second part of the trilogy. If so, I'll gladly retract my statement.

"A man slips more by his tongue than by his foot."

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Mongol. [View all] , Mongo, Wed Jun-18-08 11:12 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
i knew there was something else i was supposed to see.
Jun 18th 2008
Yeah I will be going to see this.
Jun 18th 2008
I'm seeing it tomorrow night
Jun 18th 2008
RE: Mongol.
Jun 20th 2008
i am fired up like nobody's business for this
Jun 20th 2008
just saw it. liked it, didn't love it
Jun 30th 2008
Good movie.
Jun 23rd 2008
I've been hype to see this joint. Checking it out, soon.
Jun 25th 2008
that flick is absolutely dope
Jan 01st 2010
When is the second half coming out?
Jan 28th 2010
I too enjoyed it.
Jan 28th 2010
You know he proabably slept with hundreds
Jan 28th 2010
      Oh wait
Jan 28th 2010
I read Genghis Khan and the Making of The Modern World