Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #745271

Subject: "Man… this trilogy had so much promise" Previous topic | Next topic
pretentious username
Member since Jun 18th 2010
12509 posts
Fri Oct-14-22 09:31 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
2. "Man… this trilogy had so much promise"
In response to In response to 0

Outside of the podcasters and the weird doctor, I loved that first movie.

Kills was pretty deflating. The vigilante townspeople. Laurie just sitting around in a hospital. The deputy who fucked up back in 78 was fine, and at least Michael killed a bunch of people who you wanted to see killed, but it seriously reset my expectations.

Ends is a mess and a half. They take a swing on some big ideas of family trauma, but it never quite lands. I won’t spoil anything yet, but the way they get Michael involved is even dumber than the doctor driving him to Laurie’s house.

I feel bad for the granddaughter. Matichak has been great in all 3 movies, but she’s not given much to work with in this one. She’s there to deal with Laurie’s issues and a new character’s issues, so her grief/attempt to move on is kinda bulldozed in this movie. I don’t believe this character would get swept up in the angry mob in Kills, and I don’t buy that she would fall this fast for her love interest in this movie.

And the ending is ridiculous, of course.

At this point, I’d rather see a series of Halloween Resurrection type sequels where Michaels kills a different group of people every movie and we’re not really concerned with why.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Halloween Ends (David Gordon Green, 2022) [View all] , bwood, Wed Jul-20-22 06:33 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
idk why they made all 3 of these so different.
Oct 13th 2022
the 'love story' was so unbelievable lol (spoilers)
Oct 14th 2022
      RE: the 'love story' was so unbelievable lol (spoilers)
Oct 14th 2022
btw the only legit 'scary' part of this movie (spoiler)
Oct 14th 2022
How amazing would it have been if...
Oct 15th 2022
Everyone here has summed up my feelings.
Oct 17th 2022

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #745271 Previous topic | Next topic