Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #722256

Subject: "After part 3's length, I can't sit through another Pirates movie...." Previous topic | Next topic
rorschach
Member since Nov 10th 2004
7723 posts
Sun May-28-17 07:32 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
3. "After part 3's length, I can't sit through another Pirates movie...."
In response to In response to 2

I enjoyed the first two enough to make it through the run time even though I can admit that the plot wasn't heavy enough to earn those times.

At World's End had such a bloated run time...ridiculous. There's an entire subplot that could've been cut. Not to mention that final battle was so long because it was supposed to be the final battle of the series.

A lot of these studio tentpoles follow that 'me too' logic so I'm not surprised that the time is shorter. Whenever one film comes out and it's successful without following the norms, everyone tries to do that. I don't know what film started this but everyone's pushing to get their films down to two hours or less now whereas that was the minimum in the 2000s.

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (the 5th one) [View all] , bwood, Fri May-26-17 01:23 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
A few clever action scenes. Def better than Baywatch.
May 28th 2017
Yes, these movies should be 88 minutes long
May 28th 2017
Pirates is a great example of a piece of shit franchise that should DIE
May 28th 2017
only reason i'll someday watch this on basic cable w/ commercials
May 30th 2017
^^This is why you bootleg it
May 30th 2017

Lobby Pass The Popcorn topic #722256 Previous topic | Next topic