Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3037092

Subject: "I like it, but it's not hitting like Painted for me." Previous topic | Next topic
Hitokiri
Charter member
22133 posts
Fri Mar-11-22 10:23 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "I like it, but it's not hitting like Painted for me."
In response to In response to 0

Definitely some things I like on here, but I've got some gripes too.

Album starts really strong. God Body and Feels Like are some of the strongest songs on here. NWA is really good, but I could definitely do without Durk. He doesn't quite do what Westside Gunn did on Joyce's album, but he's got two lines here that should have just been ommitted. I really like Compassion... and for some reason it reminds me of Ready for Love, which was a sleeper on that first album, and luckily was released in full on the Deluxe edition. Touch Somebody is a cool ass interlude. D'Mile is definitely in his bag all over the album.

My gripes though.
It's too long. 55 minutes? Bruh, cut this down to 11 tracks, maybe 12 and it's a much stronger album.
And I can't take it with Lucky's spoken word anymore. It wasn't a bother on Painted. A little eye-roll inducing on Table For Two. But at this point, I just can't. And to make matters worse, the Candy Drop interlude/poem is pretty much exactly the same as the How Much Can A Heart Take poem. It was cute there, it's just annoying here.
I got such mixed feelings about Over. Like on it's own, it's not a bad song. But it's giving... 90's Puff Daddy. And it's not like Lucky's young... dude is 36, so he vividly remembers Halfcrazy.

Overall, there's nothing on here that hit's like Roll Some Mo, Real Games, Late Night, Concentrate... Even the songs I really like don't quite reach those heights to me.

--

"You can't beat white people. You can only knock them out."

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Lucky Daye - Candy Drip [2022] [View all] , Hitokiri, Thu Mar-10-22 02:28 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
yessirrr
Mar 10th 2022
Oh word?
Mar 10th 2022
I think this is better than Painted
Mar 10th 2022
I had that same worry.
Mar 11th 2022
      good to know
Mar 11th 2022
Ay, this joint goes.
Mar 10th 2022
^^^ drags after candy drip for me
Mar 16th 2022
      yea might be time to start venturing out
Mar 16th 2022
Feels Like is 🔥🔥🔥
Mar 15th 2022
im happy (c)
Mar 16th 2022
Uuuuup man this shit go
Apr 01st 2022
I love uptempo R&B
Apr 04th 2022
He won a Grammy last night...
Apr 04th 2022
Listening to Painted for the 1st time...
Sep 05th 2022

Lobby The Lesson topic #3037092 Previous topic | Next topic