Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3035630

Subject: "Went to check his wiki and damn am I glad I did" Previous topic | Next topic
DJR
Member since Jan 01st 2005
18635 posts
Thu Dec-02-21 06:40 PM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
9. "Went to check his wiki and damn am I glad I did"
In response to In response to 8

Under the “Personal Life” section:

In 2012 and 2014, Big Shug led his Braintree Youth Basketball team to two championships. In 2013, he was defeated in the semi-final which led him to saying "Damn, these kids sign up to hoop, but they can't hoop. They damn bad." This caused an uproar from parents of players in the Braintree Youth Basketball organization. The BYB committee later handed him a two-game suspension which was appealed. After a local court session, the suspension was overturned due to Shug's right to the first amendment. This led to Shug being "pissed off". This made him go into the 2013-14 season on fire. He coached his team led by his son, Trumayne "The Big Dawg" Guy to a second championship in three years. Due to his tremendous season, Shug was awarded "BYB Coach of the Year". In his winning speech, he said "What I said last year was totally disrespectful to all players trying to get better at basketball, a game I love. I'm not apologizing fam' because it was my freedom of speech to say that but I'm happy that I was able to win this year and help make a group of good basketball players great."

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Best rapper TV cameo? [View all] , spirit, Wed Nov-24-21 02:16 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
The ether that still burns Will slow
Nov 24th 2021
Does BIGGIE on Martin count as a cameo?
Nov 24th 2021
I would say any non recurring role fits!
Nov 24th 2021
      BAM!
Nov 24th 2021
           I’m drawing a blank on others, but this is what I came to say.
Nov 24th 2021
2Pac on “A Different World”
Nov 24th 2021
Ghostface on 30 Rock
Dec 01st 2021
Big Shug in Larry David's "Clear History"
Dec 02nd 2021

Lobby The Lesson topic #3035630 Previous topic | Next topic