Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3031741

Subject: "RIP DMX" Previous topic | Next topic
stone_phalanges
Member since Mar 06th 2010
1815 posts
Sun Apr-11-21 10:57 AM

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"RIP DMX"

Surprised to not see this yet. DMX was a pivotal artist in my journey falling in love with Hip-hop. Looking back on it I'm not sure why I connected with 'It's Dark And Hell Is Hot' so much, but I definitely did. The whole Ruff Ryders movement was so refreshing at the time.

In a way I think DMX led the way in violence being an aesthetic for me. It wasn't trying to tell you how it is anymore it was more about how it felt. I'm sure others will see it differently, but the violence and the desperation were something that I related to more because it was so over the top and overt. He literally has a song with him making a deal with the devil an murdering people for the success that the devil can grant. I never wanted to make a deal with the devil, but I have often felt that every move I made was a bad one and wondered where was my guardian angel because I need one and wish I had one.

RIP X.

www.anwarmorse.com
https://www.instagram.com/thereal_anwarmorse99/

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

RIP DMX [View all] , stone_phalanges, Sun Apr-11-21 10:57 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Slippin’ is one of the greatest songs ever made
Apr 11th 2021
RIP
Apr 11th 2021
RE: RIP DMX
Apr 11th 2021