Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend
Lobby The Lesson topic #3026962

Subject: "I've Always Liked Synth Based Music But It Was Certain Genres..." Previous topic | Next topic
Dj Joey Joe
Member since Sep 01st 2007
13770 posts
Fri Sep-18-20 10:12 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
5. "I've Always Liked Synth Based Music But It Was Certain Genres..."
In response to In response to 0

...that shouldn't have went so hard into using synths, like smooth jazz & r&b, I liked traditional jazz, jazz fusion, but when jazz really went into recording tracks digital instead of recording analog things got bright & bland, it lost it's soul in the late 80's to early 90's to me.

I was born when New-Wave rock was out and I still love that sound of rock artists using keyboards, drum machines, and sending their guitars thru effect pedals, & whatnot, I just didn't care for acoustic rock or grunge at all.

Also r&b was doing good with synths & drum machines but I remember when Stevie Wonder's "Characters" came out, it didn't move me much except for a few songs, but all the upbeat r&b coming out during that time I was liking but it got to be so formulistic while the dance remixes were on point.

To me it was always about balance between electronic & acoustic instruments that bring the perfect combination to a song/music, whether it was r&b, jazz, rock, house, techno, & etc.; I think country & blues were the last genres to hold out on going full digital/electronic which is why they didn't start to go the bland pop phase until the late 90's early 2000's.

https://tinyurl.com/y4ba6hog

---------
"We in here talking about later career Prince records
& your fool ass is cruising around in a time machine
trying to collect props for a couple of sociopathic degenerates" - s.blak

Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

I'm old enough to remember hating "electronic" sounding music. [View all] , Buddy_Gilapagos, Fri Sep-18-20 12:39 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
This is a fantastic post.
Sep 18th 2020
Also too young. For me synthesizers are the sound of childhood
Sep 18th 2020
It wasn't so much synthesizers to me as much as it was the patches
Sep 18th 2020
What do you mean by "patches"? You can guess from this entire post
Sep 22nd 2020
For some reason I thought this was going to be
Sep 18th 2020
Sorta depended on the song for me, but there was some taking advantage
Sep 18th 2020
Why didn't I know about this Meshell Ndegeocello's Ventriloquism??!
Sep 21st 2020
It's all about the cheese factor
Sep 22nd 2020
so you hated Planet Rock? Zapp? Midnight Starr? Jonzun Crew?
Sep 23rd 2020

Lobby The Lesson topic #3026962 Previous topic | Next topic